Looking for some informations about the preparations

Good Morning,

Hello guys, I am Dyah ... I am still a newbie here.. well I know nothing yet about the preparation to live in Australia especially in Melbourne. I have been there last year for two weeks due to conference that I have joined. I already fell in love with Melbourne so that I decided to move there as soon as possible after my graduation in August. I am a student of social welfare studies soon will be a social welfare bachelor... I have a big willing to live in Melbourne and get a nice jobs especially related to the child protection and community development.. I also interested in medical social worker jobs... Im still looking for some informations about the preparations. I dont know yet where should I start at first... I wish you guys gonna help me and give me some tips what are the steps to do before living in Melbourne.

thank you

best regards,

-Dyah-

dyahzuzzy wrote:

Good Morning,

Hello guys, I am Dyah ... I am still a newbie here.. well I know nothing yet about the preparation to live in Australia especially in Melbourne. I have been there last year for two weeks due to conference that I have joined. I already fell in love with Melbourne so that I decided to move there as soon as possible after my graduation in August. I am a student of social welfare studies soon will be a social welfare bachelor... I have a big willing to live in Melbourne and get a nice jobs especially related to the child protection and community development.. I also interested in medical social worker jobs... Im still looking for some informations about the preparations. I dont know yet where should I start at first... I wish you guys gonna help me and give me some tips what are the steps to do before living in Melbourne.

thank you

best regards,

-Dyah-

Welcome to Expat.com

You first need to see if you qualify for a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au 

Just be aware that unemployment is rising as is the cost of living. Employers will look to hire locals not overseas applicants.  For cost of living www.numbeo.com
You may want to consider a student visa and taking a course which will be of value when you finish and are looking for work. On a student visa you can also work part time. Good luck.