What is true love with Vietnamese girl?

charmavietnam wrote:

May be she/he don't know what's history. He only know 'his' story.
Here is a simple description for Natalie.

Jeff Brewster wrote:

Vietnamese come from Chinese, learn your history.

It makes me laugh. Actually if we turn back time, we are from the same place no matter what where you are from now. So be cool brothers and sisters!

Yea, im heading to be a lady that every man want to marry, hehe. Still working on it. Im not gonna lose myself anw :) and am i counting a beautiful vietnamese one? LoL

According to reserch study done by the hospital Saint-Louis in Paris. The comparison of the Virtnamise with other east asian populations showed a close genetic relation of the population under investigation with other orientals. These results along with other remanantsof THIA enzyme morphs indecate a dual ethnic origen of the Vietnam population from CHINA and THAI population.

In 2001 a HLA study headed by laboratoties at the Makay memorial in Taipei ( Taiwan) clasifies the Vietnamise people in the same cluster as the ( Maio) Southern CHINESE.  ( Buyei and Thai) with a divergent family consisting of  Thai Chnise and Singapore Chinese.

This is a history leson, given by a foreigner to Natile Tran who doesent seem to know anything about her own origens of her country.  But seems to be very oppinunated, ( in her owm mind ) .

Natalie_Tran wrote:

Several Vietnamese are much richer than foreigners. It's only discrimination to say we get married to foreigners because of money. Why doesn't anyone say: foreigners marry us to get working permit in Vietnam, because they are paid more in Vietnam than in their countries?

If I worked in Vietnam with the same kind of job I'm doing right now in Canada, I'd be making 36x less in Vietnam.  Even my wife told me she'd end up be the one taking care of me if I live there with her :D

In my opinion, I think there are way more cases of Vietnamese men/women marrying for green card/permanent residence, than foreigners marrying Vietnamese for work permit (I believe spouses of Vietnamese aren't eligible to get a work permit anyway ?? ).   However, it doesn't mean foreigners should be discouraged from dating Vietnamese, they just have to be smart about who they choose and their partner's intentions.

My wife makes a great living in Vietnam, we both hung out with her parents and my parents often.  She always wanted me to live in VN with her, but I convinced her to come with me to Canada because my job prospects suck in VN ($200/month salary as a electrician in VN vs $7200/month in Canada), and I cant speak much Vietnamese.  She never once asked me for money or buy her expensive things, she loves to wear just a T-shirt and jeans lol.

saigonmonkey wrote:
Jeff Brewster wrote:

So if any foreigners are thinking about coming to Vietnam and are fat old ugly, your still ganna be fat old ugly while your in Vietnam, no matter what any girl tells you. On the flip side, you can still have a great time here.

I'm really bored today and haven't posted in awhile, so I'll add, for you guys reading this who haven't been to Vietnam before, that if you meet a girl working in a bar where many foreign guys go, and you're fat, old and ugly, but she tells you you're handsome and wants to get to know you better, there will NEVER be true love with this girl. Don't fall for this - she only wants your money, no matter what she says or does! But as Jeff Brewster says, as long as you know this (don't ever forget it!!), there's nothing wrong with going out with the girl and having a good time. But it will cost you - take plenty of money. But let me say it again - she will never love you. I'm a married man with no skin in the game, but have sat at bars next to guys like me who were literally crying in their beer because they found out their bar-girl girlfriend didn't really love them. Boo-hoo...
My apologies to any Vietnamese bar girls who may read this, but I must ask... If you are a Vietnamese bar girl, WHY are you even reading an Expat forum???

I have no illusions about young women with fat old men. In america young woman look at me and say he is just another fat old  poor guy wanting in my pants. Here I am rich handsome foreigner. I prefer here. Can there be love? Depends on what you mean by love. There is one problem with relationships no matter what country you are in, that is expectations. I encourage everyone to just enjoy your time together, I believe most woman I have met here are very practical in wanting a spouse with money. Nothing wrong with that. Just my 10,000 dong worth.

ancientpathos wrote:

Can there be love? Depends on what you mean by love. There is one problem with relationships no matter what country you are in, that is expectations. I encourage everyone to just enjoy your time together, I believe most woman I have met here are very practical in wanting a spouse with money. Nothing wrong with that. Just my 10,000 dong worth.

Thanks, AP, for getting this thread back on topic.

I totally agree with your comments above. My definition of love consists mostly of faithfulness. That is, being in a relationship where both partners are faithful to each other, whether there's money involved or not. There's nothing wrong with being in a relationship where one partner regularly gives the other partner an "allowance" or something similar, provided the person receiving the allowance isn't also going out behind the back of the giver and getting "allowances" from one or multiple other people. In my reference to the guy at the bar crying in his beer, that's exactly what happened with him. He found out his "girlfriend" had other "boyfriends", therefore, obviously, she didn't really love him - by my definition.

I've been giving my wife a monthly allowance for years, starting with when she was my girlfriend and we were in a committed relationship. To my knowledge, she has taken about 98% of all money I've given her and put it in the bank. But, I really didn't care what she did with it - she always understood that was all she would get until the next month, and never asked for more. I often wondered what would happen if I stopped giving her money. I had the chance to test that about 6 years ago after the big market crash of 2008 and I was unemployed for 5 months. Not only did she stick with me, she used some of the money I had given her before to help us get by until I found another job.  That's my definition of love.

I am only half VN and my husband gives me all his money, and it ain't chump change either! Now that is real love.  :D:lol:

MIA2013 wrote:

I am only half VN and my husband gives me all his money, and it ain't chump change either! Now that is real love.  :D:lol:

Sounds more like trust to me.  :cheers:

If you ever get divorced, i want to marry your husband,,,

Jeff Brewster wrote:

It was you who said, that you feel sorry for world wide champion of travel, and i said ive never met anyone who calls themselfs, world wide champions of travel.

Read it if you're not  analphabet:
http://www.swr.de/wir-reiseweltmeister/ … 0/18apz53/http://www.fernsehserien.de/wir-reisewe … cht-urlaub
etc.

Jeff Brewster wrote:

Yes i look at the news, i dont have to be told that theres a dispute with China, half the world knows about that. Vietnamise come from Chinese, learn your history.

And if you say so: you may come from a stupid cow. Learn your story!
[Moderated]

charmavietnam wrote:

May be she/he don't know what's history. He only know 'his' story.
Here is a simple description for Natalie.

Is Wikipedia trustable? Anyone can post on it!!! Don't you know that???

Jeff Brewster wrote:

If you ever get divorced, i want to marry your husband,,,

True love in the making...

[Moderated: Off topic]

Of course anyone can edit the posts who are capable of doing that  :)  But I doubt that they will delete within few minutes if you post something with your broader knowledge!

Natalie_Tran wrote:

Is Wikipedia trustable? Anyone can post on it!!! Don't you know that???

[Moderated]

Ok enough here.

This thread is now way off topic and isn't contructive anymore.

Closed.

Armand

Closed