buying motocycle/scooter in asia for a few months

Hello

I am thinking about buying a cheap motocycle for using it about 3 months. I am curious about some details like driver license, insurrance, immatriculation, resell, and possibilities for changing countries; vietnam, thailand, indonesia. Please, if you have advice, it will be appreciated!

Best,
Seab

Hi and welcome to the forum seab,

Maybe you should make your question more specific.
What do you want to know exactly?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hello!

I learn that it is not simple buying a moto in cambodia and going to thailand or vietnam... According to people in Cambodia it is fairly impossible, or administratively complicated because of the plates, immatriculation, etc...

I will try to ask a more precise question this time ;)

I am going to Thailand-Malaysia-Indonesia for probably 2-3 months. I would like to :
- Rent a motocycle for a long term (1-2months), and if possible rent at point A and leave it at point B. I heard it is something possible in Vietnam, but really not sure otherwise.
-Buying a motocycle for going around these countries, and selling it in probably 3 months. Not sure it is a good $$ idea, but I really enjoy travelling in motocycle unil now (I rent for 2-3 days max 6$/day in Cambodia), the freedom, and possibilities to go outside tourist area way esier that taking a tourist tour for going outsde tourist area - no sens right ;)

How it works with the driver licence, immatriculation per country and insurrance in case of accident?

I am also open to any creative idea!

Thank you
Seab