Weather Change

Hello all,

I still read the forum but am in kind of stand by mode until its wheel up in August.  I did have a question - I am shipping my dog to Bahrain, but did not want to do it in the blazing heat of August.  For the sake of her acclimation to a new home and not being on a plane on the tarmac in 50C weather I am going to have her shipped after - as soon as I feel good about it.

My question is when does the weather start to cool down again after the summer?  When would you recommend a "safe" date to schedule her trip?

Thank you for any input!

Hi

We flew our Golden Retriever here in mid October last year and it was fine although she was coming from Asia - so she was always raised in a hot climate . I went to the airport to collect her but she did spend longer in transit in Qatar than initially arranged which was disappointing. It was so good to get her here! The staff at Bahrain Airport were very good.
Hope this helps :)

I was also going to say Mid-October. Airlines don't carry certain types of breeds (usually the ones with flat face and breathing problems) to Bahrain between April and October anyway.

Thanks for the advice!  It works out well, she should be fine with my parents for 6-7 weeks.  She isn't a flat face, but I would still like her to have to to adapt to the temperature differences over the winter and spring before having to face the summer.

Thanks for the input!

Check out delmonkennels.com. I would recommend contacting them to be the agent on this side for your dogs arrival . Tim Richards is a good contact there. :)

I used Tim at Delmon. Which country are you shipping from? You have been informed about the injections and procedures needed to bring your dog here?

Don't forget that it is best to walk dog at 5am and 8pm ish to get the coolest times. Homes are AC controlled so that is fine. Once your dog is settled (1 week max) then arrange for your watchman to walk him at lunchtime so that you aren't out in the heat. Dogs adapt very quickly so don't worry

Already have her travel plans worked out, but thank you for the advice!