Shipping small number of items?

Hi,

So I've been offered a Job in Bahrain now and move out in around 6 weeks time, what's the best way to ship a small number of items out so the likes of ps3 and ps4, some personal belongings kids toys possibly?

What are the costs of services offered ?

If you are in the US the USPS seems to be the most economical.  UPS and Fed EX/DHL are exponential in costs.  A lot of small shipping companices don't go into Bahrain for whatever reason.  You can also consider excess baggage on the flight depending on the amount you're trying to bring.

The cheapest, safest and quickest way is probably excess baggage. My son brought his laptop, PS3 and PS4 along with lots of clothes and shoes and it all fitted in his normal allowance. Gulf Air give 30kg allowance so it's worth shopping around.

I too would go with pre-arranged excess luggage as a solution if it is just a few small things.

You could speak to your employer for reimbursement of the extra cost, since this is your first trip to Bahrain. Some employers include a one-time lumpsum payment as "relocation assistance".

Best wishes in your new job and life in Bahrain.

Your employer should cover an excess baggage or two for your first move. Just drop them an email asking if they will cover the cost of an excess baggage on your first trip. The answer is going to be yes more than likely.

In addition to excess baggage, I used www.parcel2go.com to and shipped a huge box over 30 KGs back in 2012 via FedEx. I think I paid £200 for it. If your work doesn't pay for an excess baggage, this would be your cheapest option. Paying for an excess baggage of 30 KGs will be more than this.