Profile photos plays a big role

profile photo plays a big role for making your inbox flooded. am i right? or am i left?
i just noticed.. if i only use the female avatar - i rarely get an answer from the people i message
except for those who knew me already - and find me annoying hehe
but then once i changed my avatar with my gorgeous photo.. lol
wow i get messages and contact request, but then again..
don't trust what you see, as there is no assurance that the person in the photo is their real pics.

Yup you are right with that one  :D;)

I've been getting bombarded with private messages and contact requests from males!! Mainly who are not from the UAE but yet this is the Expat.com I am on! I took off my profile pic and have a female avatar and still get these messages. It is quite annoying as this isn't really a chat site per say x

@ rubydo .. actually i am browsing for dating sites when i stumbled this expatblog site.. most of the dating sites are blocked here in u.a.e. ... so you cant blame them (like me) to try to have a chitchat - you are right that its not a "chatsite" but still when you exchange ideas.. by posing on forum or by private message - its like chatting too (i guess hmm maybe) but relax - receiving messages wont do any harm on your part as long as you keep your personal infos with you  :cool:

Agree that it's no harm and my profile doesn't give much away. Although I do just get random messages from sleezy males I'm afraid!  :)

paulb1979 wrote:

Yup you are right with that one  :D;)

just a wild guess.. that is not you in the photo .. lol

It is me I'm just between jobs at the moment lol

whats the point of this discussion. What you ladies are trying to prove. ???

Don't join in on the conversation then if there is no point to it!?!

@ cutesnifer... i guess my english is bad that you cant understand what the point is? or maybe you are just good at sniffing than figuring out what the point is ?!  :whistle:  i am not trying to prove anything.. i am just speaking my mind - that most / some people based their judgement in the photo itself - that "hey! hes/shes cute, i'll message him/her ; duh hes/she so unattractive - not my type --ignore.. or worst blocked it." ..... Vocabulary: gorgeous / handsome = admirer : ugly looking / not your type = stalker.......  :dumbom:

paulb1979 wrote:

Hi, so you always cycling along corniche? coz i always walk there on my way home from office. So i guess if i see a man cycling with his tongue out like the one in your profile photo.. then i bet it is you.. lol

Rubydo wrote:

Don't join in on the conversation then if there is no point to it!?!

the best answer ever (like it!) .. lol

Reporting system

Hello everyone,

Expat.com is not a dating website.

We invite members to report us unpleasant users and unwanted private messages by using the "report" button. We will take action very quickly.

Thank you for your help.
Christine
Expat.com team

drizarra wrote:

profile photo plays a big role for making your inbox flooded. am i right? or am i left?
i just noticed.. if i only use the female avatar - i rarely get an answer from the people i message
except for those who knew me already - and find me annoying hehe
but then once i changed my avatar with my gorgeous photo.. lol
wow i get messages and contact request, but then again..
don't trust what you see, as there is no assurance that the person in the photo is their real pics.

Hey Driz

Yeyy you put up your picture again like me  :)

Good morning Rubydo... yeah i put up my photo.. and as expected - i got more messages and contact invites -- will soon remove it - i am very moody --- lol

drizarra wrote:
paulb1979 wrote:

Hi, so you always cycling along corniche? coz i always walk there on my way home from office. So i guess if i see a man cycling with his tongue out like the one in your profile photo.. then i bet it is you.. lol

Yup you will see me coming, wobbling all over the place lol

:thanks:

mohammedshafit wrote:
drizarra wrote:

@ cutesnifer... i guess my english is bad that you cant understand what the point is? or maybe you are just good at sniffing than figuring out what the point is ?!  :whistle:  i am not trying to prove anything.. i am just speaking my mind - that most / some people based their judgement in the photo itself - that "hey! hes/shes cute, i'll message him/her ; duh hes/she so unattractive - not my type --ignore.. or worst blocked it." ..... Vocabulary: gorgeous / handsome = admirer : ugly looking / not your type = stalker.......  :dumbom:

As matter of fact this is very interesting