Photography group

Hi everyone,

Its Sarah. Do you know any group out there that like to go to nice places around HCM to take pictures? I love taking photograph but my picture quality is not so professional

Please text me if anyone are interested

Thanks

Sarah

Do you mean you want to join the group to improve your skill or want to be a model and ask them to take your photos?
Can you speak Vietnamese?
If you can, join their forums, make friends and join their trips or weekly meetings:
saigonphoto.net
vnphoto.net
vietnamphoto.vn

Cheers,
Vi

Hi Scarlet,

Thanks so much for your helpful advice, I will check the websites you sent and select the suitable one for me. Yeah, I wanna join a group of people who like to take picture to improve my skills.

Have a nice evening to ya

Best regards,

Sarah

did you find any suitable group ? I am also interested to join a group to do photography.

Hi,

I didnt find one yet. I just found some websites above... Do you know one?

Thanks

Sarah

No, I did not as well. Those websites are in Vietnamese language. I looking for a group who can speak some basic English, so we will be able to communicate and be friends.

Hi Cit,

That would be great. Let see the weather and we can go to take pictures together. My taking picture skill is not so good so I will ask for your help and instruction later.

Thanks

Sarah

Sure ! Always happy to help ! I am in D7. where are u living?

I am living and working in Thu Duc district. :-)

Hi Mr Cit & Sarah,

Im interested in photography too. I have just added you guys, accept me and I do hope we can talk more, probably meet sometimes :-)

Sure ! Are you at hcmc?

Amazing. I'm looking for a photography club. I love photograph. Just like you, I'm not satisfied on my photos and want to practice more. You live in Thu Duc, right? I live in Dict 9. Just near you. Please contact me if you find any photography group or club. I'll be happy to join in ones.

Hi Steven,

Sure, let arrange one nice day to go out to take photos together. I work until Saturday so we can go on Sunday. Your new Uni will be opened in Dang Van Bi street right. So it will be very close to my place

Add my skype if u have: sarah.ly21

Thanks

Sarah

Anyone know where I can get a second hand digital SLR camera?
Looking for something a complete idiot (not me honest) can figure out.
Thx

Hi Paul,

You can find in so many digital shops but I am not sure about quality. LOL

Hope u will find a good one soon. Anyways, there is the promotion time in Nguyen Kim shop that will end tomorrow. You can go there to have a  look. A new one is not so expensive :-)

Best regards,

Sarah

may be i can help you, but the problem is how much can you pay for a second hand camera? i can help you to choose a suitable one

can i join in? i'm a photographer and i really want to join :)

To be honest the cost not an issue, its the ease of use. I want one thats got the speed and pixels and memory of a modern camera, but without the billions of totally needless settings. My thoughts were to try second hand, if i dont get on with it ....sell it and try another.

Thanks for your message Steve. Any help greatful. Cheers Paul.

Oh yes Nguyen kim shop. Yes.
Never heard of it?
You have an address?
:-0
Thx
Paul

Hi Paul,
that particular shop you're looking for is -
Nguyenkim
Address: 63-65-67 Tran Hung Dao Street, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone: (08) 38,211,211 Fax: (08) 38,210,818 - Email: [email protected].

One of their web sites with a map for you to check out is -
Nguyễn Kim (Trần Hưng Đạo), Ho Chi Minh City
www.hcmc.com  Shopping  Electronics stores

Very good shop, great range of just about everything electronic and helpful staff.  :top:

My spoken Vietnamese is hopeless but never had any problems in this shop.

If you're going by motorbike, they have underground parking, usually a bit full, right next to the walk up steps customer's entrance off Tran Hung Dao Street, corner with Versin, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.

There are more than likely several more specialized shops for digital camera's around Saigon.
That would be a matter of going to each shop yourself in person, if you don't speak VN, with someone you trust to do any needed translating and bartering about the prices. 

Something I always ask my wife to do for me.  Guaranteed best deal, price, warranty and full check out of any follow-up service and parts / extras that way.

Good luck, hope this helps you.

@Sarah Ly: :D ok, see you on a nice day.

if you want to try, i can help you, i have one so that you can try and then decide if you want to buy the same one or not

Hi Everyone

Any update on this thread?
I am based in Cambodia and loves photogrpahy
once in a while I am in HCMC and would love to
meet you people to go photo shooting ..

Cheers

Hi , I'm come from Vietnam and totally a newbie but may I ask this group still active ?

May I join ?

Anyone interested? Seems like photography is boring .

hey, it's interesting.
In HCMC, there are a group of people support people to capture nice shots. They also have trips to Mekong Delta, Ben Tre... for people enjoy and capture beautiful views there

I think it's so interesting :)

let's  organise a photography meet up in hcmc

Yup!
I now thinking to organize an event for photography hobbyist. We can meet up through the event.
So, anyone interested?

count me in  :lol:

Hi all
Great idea.
Let me know the meet up dates.
Paul

Hello everyone,

I suggest you to create an event with all the details in Events in Ho Chi Minh City. This section will facilitate the communication of date, time and venue and enables you to invite other expats.

Regards,
Naomi.

I am interested in joining your photography group, when are you meeting up?

Hi

The next few days leading to the christmas is the best time for street photography

I remember being in HCM city afew christmas ago  and the atmosphere was electric.
Dont miss this once a year opportunity to try out your photo shooting skills.

Cheers