Car Hire costs for a period of ten weeks

I would appreciate some information as to what the cost of hiring a medium sized latish model vehicle would amount to if hired for a ten week period. I expect the amount will vary depending on the size and model but just a ball-park figure would be most helpful?  Thanks.

Hi Mike, The lowest price I have ever been able to negotiate for a small-category older model car (more than 100.000 km Nissan March) on a very long term basis (annual basis) is Rs 500 / day (so Rs 15.000 to 15.500 per month). For your requirements, figure around Rs 1500 / day at the larger, well-established car rental companies. You might be able to find slightly lower prices with smaller car rental companies. I can recommend JP Carmax in Quatre Bornes (I'd be happy to provide you with their number, if you wish) who have a fleet of about 75 vehicles, all kind (economy, midsize and luxury, as well as people-movers like the 8-seater or 11-seater Kia Carnival). Have a good stay! Cheers, Emmanuel

Or you can go to Sixt, who advertise on this website (Expatblog). :-)

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks so much for the information. It is much appreciated.

Yes please let me know JP Carmax's telephone number as it will be great to have a look at a number of various options before making a decision as to which car or larger vehicle will be best for us on this longer than usual visit.