Skype working slow on STC network.

Hello!
I am having some problem on STC network. My skype is working too much slow. It is taking too much time to show contacts and I can't call/video call clearly. But on same PC with same skype ID working good on Mobily network.

Tnx
Royal

Call 907
and tell them your problem
they will help you

cheers :kiss:

royal wrote:

Hello!
I am having some problem on STC network. My skype is working too much slow. It is taking too much time to show contacts and I can't call/video call clearly. But on same PC with same skype ID working good on Mobily network.

Tnx
Royal

Its not the problem of STC or mobily, its the problem of network coverage. All the operators have their own kind of network desin, may be your area mobily has strong network and STC is less. As in my case, my mobily makes me cry but my colleagues use STC for SKYPE. I stuck with mobily coz i buy 18 months package for 800 and i had no choice just to use it hehehe. If you really wanna use skype just choose the network that has strong coverage in your area. Good Luck.

i have noticed and checked from everywhere that skype has been blocked and working very poor on STC only.
it is working perfectly on others network like zain and mobily. Also i have checked it on ITC.
Only STC network has blocked voice and video chat softwares.
tried google hangouts,oovoo,fb video calling etc etc. same response on STC.
but as soon as you move on other networks. all application starts working..
Try using any other network and use Skype echo sound test. your all doubts will be cleared.
STC has wasted my all money on pruchasing their unlimitted package...

This problem is there in STC QUICKNET 4G since 1st May 2014, I am facing same here in Riyadh. As per my knowledge they have secretly reduced the bandwidth for skype port. Use other apps now. Even mobily has reduced bandwidth allocated to skype. you can not make clear video calls.

HI As1412

Are you kidding.  I cant stop laughing at seeing your message (getting help by calling 907!!!).

You are at your luck after you purchase something.  There is nothing called After sales service.

But, STC is blocking (not literally, but you cannot talk to anyone using skype).  You can use any VPN service to bypass their restriction.  Now I am able to call thru Skype using VPN (from my STC 4G connection), and it is very clear.

Cheers

I noticed this one as well. Skype keep on disconnecting due to slow and poor signal but when i test the speed, its reading up to 15mbps sometimes more. I thought problem is back home so i upgrade the internet package there but still same. I decided to comeback to the old traditional Yahoo mEssenger and BOOOMMMM.... my theory is correct. Its clear and sound are great. I try also to use Wechat and same thing clear as crystal water and great sound. I'm using STC 4g by the  way so i guess STC dont like Skype. . . .  hehehehe Cheerss

stc user wrote:

HI As1412

Are you kidding.  I cant stop laughing at seeing your message (getting help by calling 907!!!).

You are at your luck after you purchase something.  There is nothing called After sales service.

But, STC is blocking (not literally, but you cannot talk to anyone using skype).  You can use any VPN service to bypass their restriction.  Now I am able to call thru Skype using VPN (from my STC 4G connection), and it is very clear.

Cheers

What VPN service you are using and is it free... hope you can share it... Cheers

Use HotSpot Shield.......for Android.......tested on Kitkat.....Skype 100% ok.....I am not sure abt ICS & JellyBean.....try

Dld....from below Link

https://www.mediafire.com/?cazo1ulnertebes

while running....application......make sure....Full Protection "ON" & Shield Button should Green.

How about for PC, any VPN software you have tested.

Boy.Almarai wrote:

How about for PC, any VPN software you have tested.

:for PC too.......U have to Install HotSpot Shield......but I do not have the elite version for PC.....u can download from web.....

Same problem here! i tried to call their call center but they're agents are really incompetent weather they don't understand English or they don't know what to do, they don't even updated to their product. then i asked them for help regarding Skype slow connection they told me Skype is not their scope, as long as that i have a fast connection in the internet specifically in a browser its OK, at first i let it slide maybe its the co. that made Skype has this one, (but of course i dunno how to reach them). but everyone i knew here in saudi using skype has the same problem weather its mobily or stc. i hope this problem will be over soon, because i've been using skype for a couple of years and stayed connected with my family. i read that using vpn software can ease the problem but as far as we know using vpn will compromise your connection specifically getting slow or disconnected for several times.

Yes dude. You are right. I am using STC home dsl connection and i noticed that since 2013 they implemented something on their network to block skype calling facility. Now the call quality is very much disappointed. But you can enjoy good quality if you connect through vpn tunnels on the same network.

Hello Royal,
1.Call 907 And Tell Them Your Problem.... Last Time I Called Them They Fixed It By Changing The IP Of The Modem And It Started Working Fast Again
                                                                    OR
2. Try Switching Your Data Plan
   Try Upgrading To A Fiber Optic Connection... They Provide Speeds Up To 100 Mbps And They're Pretty Cheap Too...
                                                                    OR
3. Try Switching Your Network Provider
    Check The Coverage Of Your Network..... Change Your Network Provider For A Much Wider Coverage

Thanks
Coolmartian

Thanks for your valuable suggessions. But i am using dsl and we dont have ftth yet in our area. If  it is a technical  problem with the STC network ,how it is working fine with vpn softwares. Even echo calling. The call quality dramatically change after connects through flash vpn available with playstore. So i suspect that they were done some restriction to increase there revenue.