Want to check out Ecuador

My daughter my husband and I want to go to Ecuador in October to check it out to see if we would like to spend our winters there.  I don't know where to start looking for places to stay  etc...

First question: What kind of weather do you like? The mountains are cool, the coast is hot (and the Amazon is hotter),

Second question: Do you like big cities, medium cities, or small towns?

The answers to those questions will narrow down your options a good bit.

Bob

As mentioned above, define what you seek, and then the opportunities will be known
Consider any special requirements such as medical and if you speak spanish...

Hi Bob

We are looking for cooler area and with no mosquitos if possible.  We like hiking, art (I am an artist), biking, markets and mixing with the people.  We don't speak Spanish but we do speak French. I am trying to pick up some Spanish on line, but seem to be too busy at times, so the lessons are not going fast. We would prefer medium cities that offer a lot to do and are artsy. 

Thank you for taking the time.

Manon and Rene Adams

Manon Rene wrote:

My daughter my husband and I want to go to Ecuador in October to check it out to see if we would like to spend our winters there.  I don't know where to start looking for places to stay  etc...

You might want to check what it would take for a visa to stay more than 90 days in a 12 month period.  I do believe Ontario winters are longer than 90 days.  If becoming a resident, you could only leave Ecuador for 90 days each of the first two years.

[Moderated: No free ad]

[Moderated: No free ad]