INQUIRY ON S PASS

Hi! I had been living here in Singapore since February 2013. Luckily, after months of searching for a potential employer, I was hired last April 2013 and currently holds an S Pass. The expiry of my S Pass is on April 2014 and as early as February 2014, my current employer renewed my S Pass. From $2200 salary per month, they adjusted it to $2350 salary per month as per MOM's new regulation on minimum salary for S Pass holders.

Unfortunately, last March 2014, my current employer talked to me that they will be "terminating" me because they need to "downsize manpower" because "the company is not doing well." They had given me one month notice that will end this coming Friday. As a foreigner, I was really upset because time is running out for me. Lets face it, it is really hard to look for a job here in Singapore especially for foreigners at this time.

Luckily, just last week, I found a new employer who offered me a job for a $2250 salary per month, which I readily agreed. I readily agreed because when my current employer renewed my pass and declared to MOM that my salary is $2350 salary per month, technically I have not really received that amount since it will only reflect in my April 2014 pay slip (take note that my last day will be this coming Friday). And for some very personal reasons, this is so much higher than the one I am currently receiving.

They immediately asked me to submit all the requirements so they can submit to MOM. MOM rejected my S Pass application and my potential employer told me that the reason for rejection was because they declared to MOM the $2250 salary per month (the salary offer to me) and not the $2350 salary per month that I had discussed to them. They had re submmitted my S Pass application and declared the $2350 salary per month and now waiting for positive result form MOM.

The questions are, with my case above, will MOM approve my re submitted S Pass application if the only problem is the salary? How long will take for them to release the result for my S Pass application after re submission to EPOL?

Please enlighten me on this.

Thank you.

Re-applications with higher salary are VERY suspicious in MoM's eyes, as they often come with (illegal) kickback schemes or the higher salary exists only on paper. You will be rejected because of this, unless your employer attached a VERY good explanations for the suddenly higher salary!

Hello all,

I have recently graduated from the University. I just got myself a job last week and the company applied an S-Pass for me last Monday. I have tried to check with the MOM website about the status of my application but unfortunately it shows an error "No records found". I have checked with the HR and she has provided me with the Application receipt, complete with the reference number and all.

So, my question is, is it ethically okay for me to call MOM on my side to double check with them with regards to the error? Or I should just wait for the outcome?

Thanks in advance for your advise (:

Regards,
anthonysaliml

Anything you proposed is o.k to do. In your situation.
But MoM sometimes gives information only to the applicant (i.e. your employer), not you.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for your reply and your advise. (:

regards,
anthonysaliml

hiii sir, I am from india.I have applied for s pass by local agent so I have question that when I will get my employer detail or FIN number.plz reply

my local agent told me that you will get fin number or check online status after 21 days of application. is my agent told me truth or not ? plz reply

It is only your employer who needs to apply for your S-Pass. No agent can apply.
Thus if you do not know your employer yet and have not signed an employment contract with them, nobody has applied for your S-Pass.
If the agent charged you a fee for the application (which is illegal by Singapore law), they are cheats and you will not see the money again (neither get a job or visa).
In future, better apply for jobs directly at suitable companies!

(But to answer your actual question: If an S-Pass application is actually filed by the employer, a FIN number is given by MoM within a week or two of processing.)

tnx beppi......

hiii.my local agent don't give me employer's  information & he told me that when your application show on online then u will see all the detail..I have a telephone interview with singapore agent 2 weeks ago,but yet I don't geg any contract letter for sign.also I have paid 50000 in advance so what should I need to do...plz replyyy I confused...

The employer needs to show a signed employment contract with you as part of the S-Pass application process. It is not possible to apply for an S-Pass without you knowing the employer and having agreed (in writing) to work there.
Thus this agent is clearly not telling the truth.
What you should do? Forget about the agent (and the money you paid him, which as I said he charged illegally), learn from it for the future and, if you are still interested, look for jobs in Singapore directly at employers.

thank u .....

for s pass
Hi beppi...
Myself sourav kumar. I m doing master degree from university of delhi. But after apply tep pass in singapore. I have drop it after get visa .  I have finished my  3  month trainee in laundry. Now recently i came to india. Now there is company who provide me a s pass job as a driver. But i have no experience. But from one year i have been driving my own car. Shuold i apply for this. Mom ask me about i have drop the degree. Is my chances to get visa. If yes then how many %.
Thank you

Your post is very confusing. Can you please explain again what happened in which order and what you actually want to achieve?

I have finished my job on nov 28. I hava laundry work exp. I came back india on 7 DEC. Now one agency mail me. There is a driver job of s pass. I want to apply. I have drived my own car in india.
is i m eligible for this job. When i was appling my tep in singapore that time i was pursing master degree in university of delhi. Now i have left my master. Mom will ask about why i was left my master degree.
How many %  chances of visa aproval.
Thank u

So you washed clothes (=laundry) on a TEP as part of a Master degree programme? I don't believe such a degree would be recognised by MoM, so it was just as well you skipped it!
It is also interesting that a Singapore employer wants to hire you as a professional driver, although you have no experience and only possess a drivers license for such a short time. Can you at least convert the license to a Singapore one (or have already done so)?

hiii beppi..
  when I can get Fin number or check online status after submitting online aplication..

Thanks
Dear beppi for your reply.
No i have not done that. I have still my same license. If my new employer will apply for me. Could i eligible for that without any experience letter. Nevertheless i knew how to drive.
Bcz i have been driving my own car from last one year.
Thank you.
Regard
Lee jhon

Hi beppi.....
My frd has finished his tep visa in laundry on 2 dec.
One company in singapore appling gernal work permit for my frd.
He has done graduation.
Could mom approve this ????
Bcz the job in hotel.
And after one year can he convert into s pass.
Thanks.
Regard.
Lee jhon

You are posting more incoherent and confusing posts.
I cannot deduce what situation your friend is in and how his differs from yours.

Forget all.
Sorry.
Now read carefully.
I have finished my training employment pass in laundry(washing cloth, drying) in singapore for 3 month. Now i came back in india. I have done gradution. I want to aplly s pass. Which catgory can i apply without experience. Kichten helper, chef helper or again in laundry. Because my boss want to give me s pass but he did not yet have quota.
Help me how can i apply for future opurtunity in singapore.
Help me.
Thank you

To get an EP, you need a (recognised by MoM) university degree, applicable work experience (usually) and a job offer in a suitable field where there are not enough locals who can do the job.
To get an S-Pass, you need a (recognised) technical certificate or equivalent, in most cases also applicable work experience and a job offer from an employer with room in his quota.
Does this help?

Thank u beppi.
For Always helped.
Now i am going to applying work permit in hotel behave of my graduation. Its 2 year contract. If i will apply for s pass after one year is this possible or  i will finish my  2 years work permit then i can apply for s or e pass.
Thank you

dear sir, I have just signed offer letter so when my employer put my application online or when I will check status or get fin number....plz reply..

Yes, after signing the employment contract your employer will apply for your work pass.
During the process, MoM will issue a FIN number and with that you or the employer can check the status online on MoM's website.

Dear beppi.
I m visa adviser here in india. I want to know my one candidate apply 2 year work permit in hotel as a dishwasher or helper in laundry. He has done graduation from shridhar university rajasthan(pilani) in 2013. It is ugc approved private university.
He did not attach along with work permit file. Can he get s/e pass oppurtunities after finish there 2 year work permit contract.

If you are a visa adviser and cannot figure out this information by yourself, you are a bad visa adviser!
And if you are posing as somebody else on this forum (you claimed that you yourself need the visa), you are also a bad character!

But to answer your question:
- A degree needs to be recognised by MoM (not ugc, whatever that may be) to be valid in Singapore
- Giving conflicting information (i.e. withholding your candidate's degree certificate in one application and submitting it with the next) is disliked by MoM and will cause questioning (at best) or rejection (normally) or even a permanent ban from employment in Singapore (at worst).
When dealing with MoM, it pays to be entirely honest. You should thus contact them and clarify the issue before submitting any more applications!

Since the English in your post seems pretty bad (they are hardly understandable): You should deal with MoM in clear and precise language - if English isn't possible: Tamil is also an official language in Singapore and widely understood in officialdom there!

Thank you for consider me about this.
But sir let me remind you one think that i am not a agent. I am visa adviser who give free advise. Now he has already applied. How can we check the degree list of indian university which is reconized by mom.
Thank you.

Hi sir I applied for s pass through an agent he said that he already applied my application on mom but he didn't give me application number or fin number could u please tell me that it take time to get the fin number or application number from mom after apply and also when I am checking on mom through passport number it shows error E000236 no record found

Lee jhon: The MoM website gives all the information you need.

Amir90: An agent cannot apply for your work pass, only an employer can (after you signed the employment contract). It can take 1-2 weeks for a FIN number to be issued. The online system is sometimes not updated.

Thank you sir so I will have to wait for few days more so that by Wednesday the details of s pass will be highlighted on mom web?

Nobody other than Mom can know when your FIN number is issued and the system updated. They will inform your employer about it.
In any case, there is nothing you can do but wait. Patience is a virtue!

Thank you sir God bless you

dear sir, if my employer put my application online today so when I will get approved of my visa..

Your application will be approved when (and if) MoM decides so. This can take between a few days and two months.
(And your employer should not publish your application online, since it contains confidential details!)

tnx dear

Hi! I am under a philippine agency which is tied up with a singapore agency. My philippine agency received my IPA and discussed it with me last week. It was stated that I will be receiving 2400SGD per month. My employer (and the two agencies) only proposed 2200SGD when I applied to them last month. So the agent told me that my employer will give me the stated 2400SGD but I need to give back the 200 per month (since I know that I will only receive 2200) after my 2 year contract (around 4800SGD). I said yes though I haven't sign my IPA yet. But now, after reading several news about how some employers declares false salaries and that employees who know about it received fines and jailed, scares me. Any advice?

What you described is ILLEGAL, but you are not the first to encounter such a proposal.
If you decide to accept it, be careful and aware that you are in a weak position in case of any problems - and that your employer is a criminal from the beginning!