Cost Of Living/Salary comparisn

Hi Friends,

I accidentally came to this forum while looking for some advise on accepting a offer from a company in KL.
I am truly surprised by the helpful approach of senior as well as new members on this forum.

My situation : Currently i earn 1.9Lacs INR before tax@30% in Bangalore (if converted roughly translates to 10500 MYR ). I have an offer of a salary of 14000 MYR for a relatively smaller company but a senior position than i work for in bangalore. I have 17+ years of experience( IT Consulting/Presales etc)
I am married with a 6 yr old kid and have to budget for schooling and also a mortgage in Bangalore of 2000 MYR which will not stop even if i move to KL.

Looking for some advise if this salary is "justifiable" to move to KL.

Thanks a lot in advance.

bring me a job in IT with you and I will answer  :lol:

Will be glad to bring you job ... "if i come then " :) ... but then .. for that i need the answer :)

ok .. I will do my role :)
of course the salary u say is pretty good and sufficient for u to live in KL .. and u may have some savings too :)

Shaarawy, you have to be Indian with IT experience ;-) Clearly this seems to be the trend that I have seen over the last one year :-D

SRS, 14K is a decent package, not good. For your experience, I'd suggest you negotiate for 2-3K more.

but how do u know my experience lol !!!

hahaha ur right sharawy, i dont. im just saying that because everyone who seems to b getting jobs here are mainly indians with IT experience. wish u luck in kl mate.

thank u buddy ... I am a wireless telecom engineer with 10 yrs experience anyways :)

Hi
Sharawy and Carlyle .. thanks for replying .. and your feedback... I guess i will go back and try to re negotiate..

On the other comment .. regarding indians with IT exp. etc. .. i know too less to comment  :) ...
i hope the trend goes in reverse as well :) .. either way .. i would be glad to be of any help :)

Very helpful thread. Thank you very much.

Sharawy, maybe that's a point you missed. Why don't you put your experience into your profile? Brief overview of companies that you have worked for and work you have done. Do mention if you have been in services, product development, sales, network planning and optimization, etc along with the technologies that you have worked with - 2G, 3G, LTE, etc. That might attract some attention.

Have you tried Ericsson, Nokia Networks, Alcatel Lucent, Huawei, ZTE, etc on the vendor side? There are some niche wireless vendors too in Malaysia. Or Maxis, Digi, Celcom, etc on the operator side?

In case you're wondering, I am a senior manager in one of the vendor companies that I've mentioned above. Telecom is a tough market nowadays, but there are limited opportunities.

thnx for advice friend ... and of course am wondering :)

Hi with a wife and school fees you won't save anything - KL is far more expensive than most other cities. Especially as you need 2k to send back home you will struggle.