Rejection of spass application

hi dear
i am karthikeyan completed post graduate in information tech.&management .in the yaer 2005 first time i got spass.after that i come back to india for my marriage at that time i am not  renewed my spass,Again i applied for spass but my application was rejected contineously for last few years.i dont know why it was rejected.now i willing to move singapore,kindly suggest me is there any other way to move apart from spass

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste]

The requirements for work visa have been tightened continuously in the last few years, so it is possible that you qualified before but not any more now.
To overcome this, you must fulfill the new requirements (e.g. by getting another education, or higher salary)
But if you terminated your previous S-Pass employment prematurely, or caused any other problem, it is possible that you are banned and will never get a pass again.
Your employer can ask for the reason for rejection from MoM - but they do not always tell.

Hello Beppi and members,

I have just received the news that my SPass application was rejected today without any reason. The company has called MOM to enquire on the reason for the rejection but no one answered the call.

A little details about my situation, I was offered the job a couple of weeks ago, but the company could not proceed with the application because they didn't have the quota for SPass. Fortunately, they recently received one, just one quota for SPass and they hurriedly reached out to me if I am still interested in working with them. Loving the job description and the company so much, I took the offer and we filed the application last monday and it was rejected today. ):

I am a little worried about it. What could be the reason for the rejection and would I have a chance to appeal?

As I said, if you left your previous Singapore job in an orderly manner (i.e. you did not abscond), then you are now probably not eligible for S-Pass because of too low education or salary.
An appeal only helps if it contains information that was not included in the application. Otherwise the result will be the same.

Hi Beppi,

Thank you for your reply. I am a fresh graduate so this is my first job. (:

S-Pass is for non-academic employees earning S$2200-3300/month.
Having a post-graduate degree, you should earn above S$4000/month (or more depending on work experience) and therefore get an EP.
Too low salary is the most probable reason for rejection, I think.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that you are not the thread starter.
If you are a different person, then of course your situation is different.
Fresh graduates from foreign universities will generally not get a work visa, unless you have very specific skills that are rare and in demand in Singapore. Get some years work experience first and then try again!

hi Beppi,

I am a fresh graduate holding a bachelor degree. The company which offered me the job is offering me fixed salary of 2800. So I think for pay wise, I am good. I also have Tuition Grant Scheme with MOE, I have approached MOE and they will issue me a letter to inform MOM about my education background and my bond with the government. I really hopes it will help .. ):

Well, I am not the TS. haha ..

I have to work in Singapore for 3 years because of Tuition Grant (TG) bond. TG bond is the bond I have with MOE in which my studies were subsidised by the MOE. So I have to "pay back" by working with any Singapore based company for 3 years.

So you studied in Singapore?
Then of course your situation is different again.
Please supply all the relevant information in your first post if you want to get a good reply!
You should appeal with the abovementioned letter from MOE. If the work pass is then still rejected, tell MOE that you cannot fulfill your bond for reasons outside your sphere of influence. They will make a lot of noise but eventually have no choice but to remove the bond and let you return home.

Hello Beppi,

Appreciate your prompt replies. I have studied in Singapore since secondary school. I received the TG scheme when I was doing my diploma with the local polytechnic. I have attached the agreement with my application but was still rejected. I have notified MOE about it and they agree to supply me another letter to assist the appeal. But the company can't decide if they will go ahead with the appeal without knowing the reason why it was rejected in the first place. MOE give me 1 year to look for a job here and i have to prove to them that I did diligently look for jobs here otherwise I have to pay back the bond in cash.

My concern is what could be the possibility of the rejection? Is it because I am a fresh graduate? or the company's profile? or what? It is very confusing that they didn't not give any reason for the rejection. ):

MoM does not normally give reasons for rejection.
Only the applicant (the company) can sometimes find out more during a call or meeting.

Hello Beppi,

My company called MOM today to enquire on the rejection but they can't provide any reason on the rejection too. ):
I am requesting for MOE to assist me and waiting for their news. Hopefully, it works. (: