First travel to Thailand, need some help ;)

Hi guys,

I'm going to Bangkok in September (it sounds a decade? :) ). But I realy feel concern about my trip cause your language seem to be very difficult to read or translate and non-ending demonstration here. I have 4 day for this time (from Thu to Sun). Anyone can get me your advice? Many thanks :)

there are also English speaking people you can hook up with . I may give you some directives when you come .

I don't know where do you going to travel in Thailand ? If you travel in other big city people in here can talk with you
in 4 days, where do you plan to go ?

It is a very beautiful country with nice people. At the airport all the staff can not speak English but they will direct you to somebody who speaks English. So dont worry. Have you planned where to stay? Your immigration officer will need the name of the hotel and the address of the hotel you are going to stay. Dont worry in my case also, I havent booked a hotel until I go there, but I had some addresses and phone numbers of hotels written in my diary. So I showed one to the officer :) 
From airport be sure to take the train to where you want to go. That is the most economical transportation mode in Thailand.
Try to avoid highway cabs. At the airport, if you say a cab driver where to go, he will turn his car to highway even without asking you. This is a problem facing first timers. Most drivers can not speak English. They just want to know the place and they will drop you at the place. If you can not avoid a Taxi from the airport, before getting on ask whether the meter is working? after getting into the car, dial your hotel number and ask the hotel Manager to give the Driver the instruction in Thai language how to come into the hotel and give your phone to driver and he will discuss with the hotel. You can not avoid traffic-jam in Thailand so you will have to pay for the traffic-jam too. :D

you can buy a new telephone connection at the airport for 100 Baht or something like that. Your phone can be reloaded at any Seven-Eleven shops.

Street foods and seven eleven shops are very economical way to have your daily food stuff. If you want to enjoy shopping, best thing is to stay near shopping area. I used to stay at a residence 30 meters away from Ratchaprarop station which is walking distance to Pratunam Market. In front of the hotel is a 7-11 shop.  :D

Have a nice holidays!

@mal: thanks so much for your useful guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you wanderlust :). How many countries that you got your footprint there? Your story is a nice one!!!

@ tuta BKK and venursky: can you give me some stuff like where should I go, I sleep over? And how nice to see you guys in bangkok ^^, thank you!!!

lannguyen.color wrote:

@mal: thanks so much for your useful guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you wanderlust :). How many countries that you got your footprint there? Your story is a nice one!!!

Yep a kind of wanderlust! But I had a husband to accompany with me. So was not afraid. lol So much funny things happened as a first timer but not in second time.
You c, if you are not used into traffic-jams in your country like me, you will not be able to take out your eyes from the cab-meters during the traffic-jams in BKK.

China town, Pratunam Market and chatuchak market are good for shopping.

Well if you like boat, and walking, then maybe try use 1 day at Chao Phraya River.
You can print out a map showing what stop have what to see, and make you plans.
Get a free (yea i know some place they want money for it) map at the pie.
Cost 15 baht pr trip.
I like it still after 3 years here, i all ways take my friends / family there when they come.

At evening there have cruiser tour with food, drink, show for small money.

I like Ancient City (Mueang Boran) all so. 5-7 hours easy spend here, everyone i take there love it.

I know many like MBK center.

Grand Palace.

Khao san road (backpackers area)

DonŽt worried to much, Bangkok it very easy to get by, even from the Air port, have your hotel pick you up.
Get a taxi from the taxi counter, they check where you going, and get you a taxi that all way run on meter, cost you taxi fare plus 50 baht. Where good to use if first time here and little worried.

I can tell you after +3 years here, only 2 or 3 taxi have told me, NO meter today, So i for one donŽt think taxi is a problem here, and if a taxi say no meter, close the door, and get the next taxi.

Hope you enjoy you trip here.

Kindly.

Never done that wrote:

Well if you like boat, and walking, then maybe try use 1 day at Chao Phraya River.
You can print out a map showing what stop have what to see, and make you plans.
Get a free (yea i know some place they want money for it) map at the pie.
Cost 15 baht pr trip.
I like it still after 3 years here, i all ways take my friends / family there when they come.

At evening there have cruiser tour with food, drink, show for small money.

I like Ancient City (Mueang Boran) all so. 5-7 hours easy spend here, everyone i take there love it.

I know many like MBK center.

Grand Palace.

Khao san road (backpackers area)

DonŽt worried to much, Bangkok it very easy to get by, even from the Air port, have your hotel pick you up.
Get a taxi from the taxi counter, they check where you going, and get you a taxi that all way run on meter, cost you taxi fare plus 50 baht. Where good to use if first time here and little worried.

I can tell you after +3 years here, only 2 or 3 taxi have told me, NO meter today, So i for one donŽt think taxi is a problem here, and if a taxi say no meter, close the door, and get the next taxi.

Hope you enjoy you trip here.

Kindly.

Thanks so much for ur support! You're Thai, aren't you?

mal wrote:
lannguyen.color wrote:

Yep a kind of wanderlust! But I had a husband to accompany with me. So was not afraid. lol So much funny things happened as a first timer but not in second time.
You c, if you are not used into traffic-jams in your country like me, you will not be able to take out your eyes from the cab-meters during the traffic-jams in BKK.

China town, Pratunam Market and chatuchak market are good for shopping.

You're so happy with ur husband, I make sure for that ^^  Yup, I really admire ur relationship. Any other funny things, tell me more, wish hearing from you ;)

I've been to Thailand more than 10 times and I never experienced issues due to my inability to speak or understand Thai language. The locals are very welcoming and cooperative.

A lot of people in Bangkok speak at least a little English, especially those working in hotels and tourism.

Bangkok is a very large and busy city, lots of information available on the internet. Suggest to spend some time looking and learning then come back here with more specific questions.

September eh? Best take your umbrella and rubber boots, you will certainly need them. September is Thailand's wettest month.