Is 30000 Sterling Pounds a good salary in Baku?

I will be moving to Baku to work, and my salary is 30000 Pounds.  My housing and transportation, and one meal a day is covered.  My question is, if I donŽt go out too much, and donŽt buy too many imported products, is that considered a good salary?  I am hoping to save around 1800 pounds a month or more.  Is this possible.

Thanks

Not a lot of responses from all the views so far.

Hello GenkiSensai,

Your post is quite new, as you are on a forum, it may takes more time to get the response from a member. So,  a little more patience please. ;)

Meanwhile, i invite you to have a look to this website here : http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … &city=Baku

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

DearGenkiSensai,
Yes, 30000 Sterling Pounds a good salary in Baku. Are you offered this job in Baku?

GenkiSensai wrote:

I will be moving to Baku to work, and my salary is 30000 Pounds.  My housing and transportation, and one meal a day is covered.  My question is, if I donŽt go out too much, and donŽt buy too many imported products, is that considered a good salary?  I am hoping to save around 1800 pounds a month or more.  Is this possible.

Thanks

It seems okay but is your employer covering medical insurance and flights in and out ?

Yes they are covering all my flights, insurance, and housing.  Do you think saving 1800 pounds a month is a reasonable goal?

Genki

dude 30.000 sterlig pounds is around 50.000 USD. are you crazy?

So it's a bad salary?

Sorry my bad. I thought 30k as monthly :)

Anyway if your aim is to save 1800 out of 2500, it will not be hard. 700 sterling is about 925 AZN.
I mostly cook at home, go out once or twice a week. I spend 400-500 AZN a month. But, I do not drink alcohol.
Bring as many clothes as you can. Clothing is so expensive in here.

No, it's very good salary.

I couldnt know it is monthly or annual but  in both cases it is good salary for Baku.  If your housing is covered u can save even more.  Its not expensive eat and transportation in Baku.  Mostly clothes are imported but they are not so expensive compared with European zone countries. it depends on from where u buy it.  Of course in the centre it will be more expensive for same quality product than places little far away from centre of Baku.

Baku is not so expensive.  Simple to compare, just multiply usual prices with 2 to get baku's price :)