Hello expats need help in analysing a job offer details below

Hi All,

Needless to say this would be another boring question for the experts but cannot help it as this
is the door to riyadh.

Looking for experts ideas from the folks to negotiate the salary curve.

Appreciate all your help in this regard.

Job offer details :

Basic 8604
Housing 2151
transportation 600

All above monthly totalling 11355 SR monthly.Employer is SEC

Have not got an official letter but an email and I am to accept it with in a day  to proceed further.

My details currently working as Assosciate Consultant BE Computer Science from India,living
in my own home at a package of 18 lakhs INR approx 9000 SR (monthly)

Should I negotiate and if yes what should I demand ?

Are the demands met?

Thanks

As rule of thumb, no one must consider a relocation unless he is offered at least twice as his home country. The cost of living here is lower than other countries in the Middle East; but much higher than South Asian countries.

The negotiation tacts you have asked for will really depend on what work, title and position have been offered to you.

I feel you should negotiate more; but what should you demand depends totally on you. Good Luck :)

Hi All,

People in Riyadh are of helping nature that I can attest to  now with the speedy response to my
question(s). Thanks @saimans @TheLegendLeads appreciate it.

To provide the experts more data point(s) and some additional queries now that I have got inital
responses :).

1. I am planning to ask for  a range of 25000 - 30000 SR monthly as the total package.

This I have decided on the below factors:

1.1 Living in my own home with a luxury lifestyle(please read big house and own car and above all with family)

1.2 Current package 9000 SR salary monthly in  New Delhi,India

1.3 An upcoming promotion in the current job

I am assuming that I would be spending at least 4000-5000 SR's monthly for all my running
expenses(housing,transportaion etc)

Help that I am seeking from the experts :

1. Is this too much to ask for in terms of compensation will companies (esp Saudi Electric) provide
such compensation packages ?

I have 10 years of work experience in IT field and have worked in top MNC 's in the Software field.

Have also worked in US on H1B though for a period of  5 months only.

Title is of the job offer is System Adminstrator job ( IT specific role(software))

)
Also I have applied through a consultant(agency) does that matter and finally the million dollar question
do the companies negotiate at this range or the door just gets closed :).

Can it be the case that they have not factored my current salary in India.( though I had mentioned the
same to the recruiter via email also my interview was quite good and the skill set sought for is quite unique).

I am perplexed on how to proceed.

Thanking all in advance for the help as the clock ticks.

Regards

Also are there any bonuses by companies none has been mentioned in the offer

When I said negotiate more; I actually meant in the range of 25-40% depending upon your market value. But asking around 250% more is a bit Unrealistic as far as I can see. Usually HR guys always keeps some margin for negotiations.
For bonuses - Yes there are; get in touch with the HR guy and shoot them an e-mail. Also ask for the travelling back n forth. Also remember the CTC you get in India is Taxable and Net in hand would be still less. So do your maths again and go ahead !! Good Luck :)

Hi Siamans,

Appreciate your VIP expert comments. THANKS

Well I feel the offer put forward initially is at the lower end to start with leaving
me with big question(s) over the NEGOTIATION process.

As directed did the Maths well have done it too much till now ask my iphone calc app :).

Here is the equation as it stands :

Package offered 22 lakhs per annum (TAX free)  package in India (15.5 After tax) .

What is the maximum I can or rather SHOULD  ask for considering my background remember i do not have much
information on the salary part but I have the gut feeling(source online research) that this is low to start  with.

Do all companies provide bonuses and if yes is that written in the contract ?

Also please enlighten on below aspects of the offer (anything that I need to ask for esp for travel  )

Annual vacation tickets for the self and family
Annual exit, re-entry visa fee during annual vacation
family status for your grade.

I am married but would living single no kids as of now much can be the saving potential ?

I know that I am bugging with questions but have no door to knock .

Once again thanks a million for the help appreciate every single word .

Thanks

Dude unless u get 2 times or more on what u get today ...trust me you are going to kick urself here....which u wud do anyways coz the lifestyle here is just too different and conservative...

Points to consider :-
1. No promotions or career path usually for expats
2. Salary raise after typical 2 years contract is not much, ranges from 2-8%. In case you work through a 3rd party recruiter then mayn't get any raise at all.
3. A 2 bed Flat in good locality wud be 20K-32K annually. Whereas a compound accommodation goes from 70K-160K
4.  In case you have a family along, the modes of outing and entertainment is limited mostly to mall trips and grocery shopping...

If you have good long term prospects in India then better stick it there...in case not then atleast make sure u get 2 or 3 times ur current CTC...

Wait, you are going to ask them to double or triple your package?  They will laugh you out!

iloveriyadh wrote:

1. I am planning to ask for  a range of 25000 - 30000 SR monthly as the total package.
Title is of the job offer is System Adminstrator job ( IT specific role(software))

Sorry, System Administrators don't get that much in Saudi :)

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs all of you.

Conflicting opinions here @Kymadoce we should make at least twice or thrice of your current CTC
so that makes it 17.5 to 26.5 SR factoring my tax free salary in India. Current offered package is 11355 SR .

@LegendsLeads Though the role is of system administrator but requirement is very niche for this role.
and also the technology in play.

@Trapezius I also do not want to propose an unrealistic number but I do not have any background information.
And also given my current job and role need to understand  what I can and should get if at all i should relocate?

Frankly considering the fact that I worked in US way back in 2008  at 5000 USD(monthly) so was expecting KSA to be parallel if not if not above.

During the start of the process I was told the position is OPEN as far as the salary is concerned by the recruiter so i proceeded.

Appreciate all your help.

@iloveriyadh

I think what everyone is saying here is that it may not be wise to come to KSA if you are not being offered twice of what u are alresdy getting in India.

So if u are not getting atleast 16000 SAR (double of ur salary in India after tax), then u should reconsider coming.

U may try negotiating with ur prospective employer but not sure if they will give u a huge rise. 2000-3000 SAR may be a optimistic expectation.

All the best

Exactly @nauman, I don't see any conflicting opinion.

@iloveriyadh,
If the employer understood that the role was niche and crucial, he wouldn't have come up with a package below what you may call 'good'; and an ambiguous and broadly overused title.

As @saimans said above, when you say *negotiate*, that means 25-40% max.

Thanks @nauman.zahir your post was bang on the dillema I am facing currently.

So optimistically I can ask for around 14000 SAR considering that this is the optimal
range and has high likely hood to be accepted by the employer.

As has already been commented that bonuses are paid by companies but are these a complusory payment
or arbitory.

And how much on an average can one expect in the bonus (need to know the ball park figure
to clarify my package)

@TheLegendLeads  all of your opinions and suggestions are gracefully welcome .

I also have a doubt if the employers consider the current salary of the employee in the home country  before
making an offer or is it simply role based . If yes than I can put forward my concern in a more legitimate.

Appreciate and thank everyone's input(s).

iloveriyadh wrote:

@TheLegendLeads  all of your opinions and suggestions are gracefully welcome .

I also have a doubt if the employers consider the current salary of the employee in the home country  before
making an offer or is it simply role based . If yes than I can put forward my concern in a more legitimate.

Don't take me wrong bro. Being real, don't expect to see the level of professionalism in KSA what you've seen in US or India. Almost everything is ad-hoc here especially with SME.

What you're getting at your home country is a strong decision factor. But you gotta play it in your favor strategically. Otherwise, you tell me why employer must care? (I know that's unethical but trust me no one cares here).

I see 15,000 as good to go.

All the Best.

So I guess u got the what I meant...

To me, It's not about what best can they offer to you but what should you look for to move here. Since there is typically no career progression for expats , mid east experience isn't considered great in other markets, increments again aren't much, you can't switch employers easily...etc etc.

So in my opinion with ur current earnings level and lifestyle in delhi, unless u make 18-20k , u r going to kick urself even on the salary day...

I would advise you against relocating to Riyadh if you're comfortable living in India. You will end up spending all your income in Riyadh if you want to maintain the lifestyle you have in India. My point of view obviously, you could have a different view.

Hello, one of my friend is working in SEC since a year, so if you need any suggestions from him drop me a personnel message in inbox i will give you his contact number. That would be much better to take his advice for what he feel about your offer and also he can help you with housing information around SEC. They are near Exit 8, Garnada mall in riyadh.