Laptop shopping in Phnom Penh

Hi everybody! I am in need of a laptop. Now all over the internet it says not to buy one in Phnom Penh because they are expensive and mostly fake. The problem is, I am here now and will be for a while, and really need one. Can anyone advise me on where to get one or maybe someone is selling hers/his? I just need MS Office and Internet. All help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi, Do you need a new one> or a used one is ok. I am thinking of upgrading mine.. I have a chinese version but been with me for 6 years and working just fine. But it has a crack on the side just the outer layer , but everything else works fine. It is a netbook.  let me know.

Hi Chococambo, in general, a second hand one would be fine. But I would prefer a laptop instead of a netbook. I really need it to be cable of doing a bit more in office for example. But thanks for your reply!

There are two shops that I'm very sure sell original equipment only, and no fake or cheap Chinese stuff: Anana and PTC.

If you go to either of these, be sure to have someone knowledgeable with you. The problem at both places is, they sometimes have stock that's several years old, but no-one is ever thinking about lowering the prices.

Prices for up to date devices are quite good most of the time - much cheaper than in Europe, about the same level as US prices.

Don't forget to ask for a discount as well.

stccomputer.com/uter.com/have bought one HP laptop in 2010, from PSC Computers  ‘psccomputer.com.kh/ ‘, and the other Sony-Vaio in 2011 from STC   ‘ stccomputer.com/ ‘. Both worked well and the vendors provided one year warranty. Let me know if any further guidance required.
regards, Khizar.

I've bought a few computers from XComputer without any problems [near Olympic market - #70Eo, Street. 173]. They are small but well established. Cheaper than PTC etc.

Thanks to you all for the advise, very helpful! Will check out the stores you mentioned.

I had passed by a few times and went in to xcomputer once with the local, had wanted to get some IT stuff but back out as I am not sure about the reliability and quality then. One thing for sure is that they are definitely cheaper. Anyway thanks matt2014 for your recommendation. Maybe one of this days, I would pop in again to purchase stuff from there. Inge7412, appreciate if you could let us know the outcome.