Looking for an economical dentist (urgent)

hey people

i am looking for an affordable dentist since my insurance does not includes the dental care hence want to go for an affordable as well as a reliable doctor who doesn't mess my case...got to know from people that dental care here is very expensive?? what would be the charges for consultation any idea??

thanks in advance

You are right. Dental care in Bahrain is indeed very expensive. For those who do not have dental cover it is better if they attend to the dental needs in their home countries.

But for urgent cases, you could see the dentists at Shifaa Al Jazeera Hospital in Manama. Their consultation charges are reasonable. But be warned - this hospital is known to prescribe tests and medications more than what is required. So make sure you question everything they recommend and let them know you are paying the bill from your own funds and hence not to include anything extra or unnecessary.

Thanx a lot farhaz for the information..will be going in the evening for the consultation i hope i can find a dentist being a friday today!!

Hope your visit went well.

hey Farhaz

Yeah thanks to Allah the visit was fine. i would like to recommend this dentist Sadeeya in Al Shifa to everyone who is looking for some nice dentist who wouldn't burn a hole in your pocket.

Though now i want to see an orthopedic...my knee is hurting badly..Bahrain is giving me a tough time :(

Glad to hear your dental appointment went well. And thanks for the recommendation about Dr. Sadeeya.

I had my knee fixed by Dr AbdulGhafaar. He is at Royal Bahrain Hospital. A good and "no-nonsense" doctor. Will not scare patients unnecessarily. And more importantly does not prescribe unnecessary tests and medicine. Difficult to get appointments. Its a bit pricey if you have to pay yourself so do keep that in mind.

hey farhaz

actually i went to American Mission Hospital but cudn't find an orthopedic in the evening..so settled for al shifa eventually...nothing much just a sprain..

thanx for the advise buddy

Good you did not find an orthopedic at American Mission. One of them completely misdiagnosed my knee problem. Thankfully I did not go ahead with the operation he wanted to do.

Allah saved me..everything happens for a reason :)