Moving to Nigeria

Hi All,

Yes, I am new to this website. I will be moving to Abuja, Nigeria in a few months and just wanted to meet some people currently living there or planning to relocate soon. Just finished my master's program and I'm ready to see what Nigeria has to offer. I am an American born Nigerian, never lived there before, but I have visited plenty of times and love my visits! I'm excited.

Gochi

Welcome  Home......

pisceskisses, Abuja is a great place to live. I'm sure you'll love it. Welcome...

moi20 wrote:

pisceskisses, Abuja is a great place to live. I'm sure you'll love it. Welcome...

Moi20,

Thank you! I'm very excited to be there, I'm just a little concerned about transportation.

pisceskisses wrote:

Moi20,

Thank you! I'm very excited to be there, I'm just a little concerned about transportation.

Yeah, transportation could take a fair chunk of your money, but if you have a private car, then transportation won't be much of a problem. I however realise that being new nd all, you might not know your way around. Do you have family here and do you plan to work here? If yes, then you won't have a problem. just make friends with a peeer at work who will show you around till you can find you way around town.

Hi pisceskisses,

I created a new thread with your posts on the Abuja forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Priscilla wrote:

Hi pisceskisses,

I created a new thread with your posts on the Abuja forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla!

moi20 wrote:
pisceskisses wrote:

Moi20,

Yeah, transportation could take a fair chunk of your money, but if you have a private car, then transportation won't be much of a problem. I however realise that being new nd all, you might not know your way around. Do you have family here and do you plan to work here? If yes, then you won't have a problem. just make friends with a peeer at work who will show you around till you can find you way around town.

Oh geez. Yea I have family there and i'll be planning to do my nysc first. hmm.

Hi pisces, jst finishd my nysc. Abuja is a great city....tho ill advice u watched a few Nigerian films 2 get 'mentally ready' for Ngr!. Esp if ur going straight into nysc.lol

hurri90 wrote:

Hi pisces, jst finishd my nysc. Abuja is a great city....tho ill advice u watched a few Nigerian films 2 get 'mentally ready' for Ngr!. Esp if ur going straight into nysc.lol

Hi Hurri,

Haha, Thanks for the advice, I think I've seen enough of Rita Dominic etc than I can handle! Tell me a little more about ur nysc experience tho. Have you been placed now?

You are welcome. Abuja is a good place to live. I am also in abuja.

Haha ok. Yh...its been a great experience. I was lucky to get assigned to the 3-wk orientation camp here in Abuja. Then got posted to a govt establishment thereafter (Which meant I didnt hv to turn up everyday.lol). I rounded up everything in Feb!.
Apparently, Abj camp is one of the best in the country in terms of facilities. (In Nigerian standards of course).
So i'd try n get Abj camp when registering.

hurri90 wrote:

Haha ok. Yh...its been a great experience. I was lucky to get assigned to the 3-wk orientation camp here in Abuja. Then got posted to a govt establishment thereafter (Which meant I didnt hv to turn up everyday.lol). I rounded up everything in Feb!.
Apparently, Abj camp is one of the best in the country in terms of facilities. (In Nigerian standards of course).
So i'd try n get Abj camp when registering.

Yea, I'll be in Abuja. Soooo like are you from Nigeria or else where? Did you have any friends there or you made the move (if you moved) by yourself?

oh yh am Nigerian, left 2 study in d UK as a teen....jst been recontacting sm old friends nw am bck, thks 2 facebk.lol

hurri90 wrote:

oh yh am Nigerian, left 2 study in d UK as a teen....jst been recontacting sm old friends nw am bck, thks 2 facebk.lol

Oh ok. Yea, that's the thing. I have yet to see someone who's never lived in Nigeria go back to do NYSC! lol Am I crazy?

haha...actualli i met a couple of ppl in camp who'd never lived here. but der wernt planning on staying after nysc tho. So dnt think ur totalli crazy as nysc its pretty much necessary if u ever think of working in Ngr?

hurri90 wrote:

haha...actualli i met a couple of ppl in camp who'd never lived here. but der wernt planning on staying after nysc tho. So dnt think ur totalli crazy as nysc its pretty much necessary if u ever think of working in Ngr?

Lol, okay, that makes me feel better. But i'm definitely thinking of staying afterwards, i'm trying to see if my connections will allow me to have a job after nysc so I won't have to worry about that then.

lol okay...Yh definitely try 2 use ur connections. best of luck. There's sm more encouragement of dis blog too
www.movebacktonigeria.com

hurri90 wrote:

lol okay...Yh definitely try 2 use ur connections. best of luck. There's sm more encouragement of dis blog too
www.movebacktonigeria.com

Thanks hurri! Yep, i think i've read every article there! But no one in my situation per se. Thanks for your input!

I am a Nigerian. I am living in Abeokuta, Ogun State Nigeria. I work the the Ministry of budget & Planning, Ogun State.
Regards,
Akinola Bankole

Hi akinz4,

How can we help you please?  :unsure

Priscilla