Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa

Dear all,please help me
My name is Majid and I'm Iranian.
I have job offer from foreign companies in Oman(Sohar),maybe around 1 yers I will stay in Oman.
I want bring my wife too.
My salary basic: 1100 R OM
Total salary:1150 R OM
Job title:commissioning Supervisor
My degree: Mechanical engineer
Visa title:helper
I want to know,with this situation,can I bring my wife(family visa)??
If Yes,how long time need it?
And what documents I should submit?
How much should I pay?
Note:my visa,provide by company,but unfortunately for my wife should be do with my self.
Thanks and be well.

Hi Lamasia,

Please be aware that as long as you are officially designated as a 'Helper', you will remain a helper for all official reasons.

That means, no family status, and most no's for pretty much everything else official as well.

According to you, you are a Mechanical Engineer with an offered salary of R.O. 1,150/- per month and is designated as Commissioning Supervisor. So how could you even accept being designated officially as a 'Helper' ?!?

Your prospective company is taking you for a ride. A big ride. Speak to them about the visa mentioning your proper designation. Else, you will face a lot of issues after coming to Oman.

Dear sumitran
Thanks for reply and your advice.
I know that,but that company told me,they have target for engineer visa,and they has a lot of engineer,that's why they can't provide engineer visa for all of them,and they agree only helper visa for me,but actually my job is commissioning supervisor (my work area is Sohar refinery )
So,in this case could you help me ,I can bring my wife or not?

Lamasia wrote:

Dear sumitran
Thanks for reply and your advice.
I know that,but that company told me,they have target for engineer visa,and they has a lot of engineer,that's why they can't provide engineer visa for all of them,and they agree only helper visa for me,but actually my job is commissioning supervisor (my work area is Sohar refinery )
So,in this case could you help me ,I can bring my wife or not?

Hi Lamasia ,

As long as you are registered in the official records as a 'helper', neither I, nor any one else can help you get you 'family status'. By willingly accepting your designation to be compromised, you are making a huge mistake.

Dear sumitran
This is my first experience for work to other country,that's why I don't know what's the exactly rule's and formalization...,
That's why I find this web site for fully understanding the ruls ,visa processing and ect...
I want to konw,how can I do for bring my wife?
Because I heard someone say the important is my salaray!!!!
But I don't know...

Hi Lamasia,

Unless you are above a certain designation you cannot bring your wife on family joining visa.

A 'helper' is a manual labourer - right there at the bottom - with little or no privileges.

Make sure you are officially registered exactly as per what your contract says, to save yourself unnecessary hassles later on.

Dear sumitran
Thank you so much for your guidance and your advice.
That my contract the first time I describe,it's all
Salary:1150 OMR
Visa title: helper
I'm so upset  :(:|
If I can't bring my wife ,I'll cancel that job offer :(:| 
do you have any suggestion  that I can bring my wife??(except Cheng visa title, because I know they will not change that visa title)
Really I need this job.

Lamasia wrote:

Dear sumitran
Thank you so much for your guidance and your advice.
That my contract the first time I describe,it's all
Salary:1150 OMR
Visa title: helper
I'm so upset  :(:|
If I can't bring my wife ,I'll cancel that job offer :(:| 
do you have any suggestion  that I can bring my wife??(except Cheng visa title, because I know they will not change that visa title)
Really I need this job.

Hi Lamasia,

Consult with your employer employer and throw the ball back in their court.

You should stand firm on your demands like family status, else you would only be the loser - not your employer.

Aneesh Anadath wrote:

Respected sir,

In my labour card my profession is house building mason but my salary is more than 600 Ro. Is there is any possibility to get a visiting or family joining vissa for me

Hi Aneesh Anadath,

Managerial categories and above are the ones who are granted the expatriate family status.

In any case see if your company PRO can help you out.

Thanks alot for creating this post..

it has helped me in getting an idea about happenings in Oman..

I am an expat living in UAE since my childhood and working here as well as a Mechanical Engineer.. recently i am offered a job in Muscat with a handsome package.. I am looking forward to move to Muscat and shifting my family along with me..

My employer told me about the 3 months min waiting time for family visa and they also informed that they will try to get the visa before that.. this post has opened a new chapter.. that the time can be extended to 6 months.. so its better to get them admitted in any School in Pakistan so that they can continue their education and once the visas are received then they can shift to Muscat with me..

Thanks to the people who are guiding others in the right direction..

Regards,
Junaid

Dear

I want to know the following

1) Medical from local Oman hospital accepted?
2) Manpower paper is required?
3) If Manpower paper shows 500 OMR salary,but i have bank statement for 600 OMR for last 6 months.It is sufficient?Or i have t change in Manpower also.
4) My Family in Oman with visit visa.It is possible to convert to joining visa without exit?

Please Advice.

Hi hai hai,

Find my highlighted comments against your queries below :

1) Medical from local Oman hospital accepted? - Yes, from any approved medical centre.

2) Manpower paper is required? - Yes.

3) If Manpower paper shows 500 OMR salary,but i have bank statement for 600 OMR for last 6 months.It is sufficient?Or i have t change in Manpower also. - Manpower registration is the accepted one. Bank statement showing the proof of actual income must match with what has been officially registered. Any discrepancy could create problems.

4) My Family in Oman with visit visa.It is possible to convert to joining visa without exit? - No.

Dear Sumitran

Thanks for your reply.

I have an Engineer visa.During joining my salary was 500 OMR in Manpower.

After my Approval from Clients,company raised my salary to 600 OMR.

Now i want  to bring my family to OMAN.

What the Procedure.

My Salary for the last 6 months is 600 OMR and Bank Statement is available with note Salary Transfer.

Please reply..

HI hai hai,

Speak to your company PRO and find out if the salary adjustment can be amended with the Ministry of Labour.

Your company PRO would be the best judge to advice you on this issue.

They have accepted by visa submission.

Can I know within how many working days,we will be getting the visa.

online shows its under progress.

I submitted on 09.08.15 12.00 noon

Please advice

Can a calculator salesman can bring their family? MOP has 650 salary.. profession is calculator salesman

Dera reza,
In your thanking note you have not mentioned staying statement or bank statement as a proof of mininum residence period. Was this not required to get family visa. Please assure me because right now I am immensely in tensed situation. My wife and kids are here in UAE and kid studying here.
Regards,
Manauar

Hi,
Has there been any change in the visa rule regarding work visa ? i have heard work visa has been stopped , is it true ?

Thanks

Syedfaisal wrote:

Hi,
Has there been any change in the visa rule regarding work visa ? i have heard work visa has been stopped , is it true ?

Thanks

Hi
How can they stop work visa mate? None of the Oman newspapers have reported such a move by Oman authorities. What is the source of your information?

Syedfaisal wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Syedfaisal,

There are a select few categories for which issuing of work visa has been stopped. In other words these jobs have been 100% Omanised. Not recently, but for quite sometime.

Last week there was a news in the local daily which said that any expat wife who is on family visa, if she gets a job, must exit necessarily and then re enter on the sponsor's employment visa. Also, a new twist is that the lady's husband's company who was the sponsor of the lady must give a 'No Objection' certificate for the lady to join work.

Hi All

I have moved to Oman in June 2015 and got my wife on visit visa in July. Now for the company to apply for the residence visa for her, does she need to exit? I mean can't even application be made for the visa? I was under the view after reading the posts that the company can apply for her residence visa and then she get the same. Post receipt of the residence visa she can exit and renter on the new visa the same day.

Thanks for your reply.

My husband in oman  he is salry in omr 500 we are get premant visa in oman

shobana devi wrote:

My husband in oman  he is salry in omr 500 we are get premant visa in oman

Hi shobana devi,

Your post is not very clear. But if you are asking if your husband is eligible to apply for a family joining visa, then the answer has be a no.

The minimum salary requirement to be eligible to apply for family status is R.O. 600/- per month.

svapour wrote:

Hi All

I have moved to Oman in June 2015 and got my wife on visit visa in July. Now for the company to apply for the residence visa for her, does she need to exit? I mean can't even application be made for the visa? I was under the view after reading the posts that the company can apply for her residence visa and then she get the same. Post receipt of the residence visa she can exit and renter on the new visa the same day.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi svapour,

As long as there is a valid visa in the passport, a new one cannot be issued - for obvious reasons.

The copy of the exit stamp has to be attached along with the application form.

Family visa  adukava mudiyatha vara valiya illa pls help with

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : please post in English
shobana devi wrote:

Vara athavathu appsion iruka

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : please post in English
shobana devi wrote:
shobana devi wrote:

Vara athavathu appsion iruka

Hi shobana devi,

Unfortunately there is no other option.

You cannot post in Tamil here in the open forum.

But I guess you can send private messages in Tamil.

madav1987 wrote:

Hi dear all expat's

Kindly guide me the following

I am facing so much difficulty to bring my family.

1. my position is low as industrial sales tools man, requested to manpower to change as commercial manager with my degree certificate attest by India embassy. Manpower said we cant give it to my company as already 3 managers provided. Kindly tell me which positions can bring family visa other than managers.

2. Salary i am receiving 400 but house accommodation providing by company. Will they allow for family visa and bank statements are salary crediting 400 OMR only.

3. Marriage certificate already attested by Indian Embassy but passports have not been added the spouse names. Will it be ok for applying family visa

Thanks in advance , kindly help me with the above problems to sort out and i am facing lot of problems without family.

Regards
Manjunath

Hi madav1987,

Unless your salary is a minimum amount of R.O. 600/- per month, you will not be eligible to apply for the family status.

madav1987 wrote:

If we change my salary details in the same low position , then i am eligible to apply ??

I ll amend my salary details as total salary 600 and mention 200 for house rent because company providing the accomodation will that be right.

Hi madav1987,

These are all issues which you must discuss with your employer. If at all, only they can help you.

No one in this forum can say whether or not you will be entitled to sponsor your family. It is something which only your PRO can confirm, after discussing with the ministry officials.

hi! i wonder if the 600 salary required is only for the husband or it can also be the wife's salary to get visa for the baby. thanks!

daisy3286 wrote:

hi! i wonder if the 600 salary required is only for the husband or it can also be the wife's salary to get visa for the baby. thanks!

Hi
Female expats are allowed to sponsor their family only in exceptional cases. That's the Omani rule.... You can find more information here.

What if i deliver my baby here and i want to get her a visa under my name because my husband's salary is not 600 ro but mine is more.. Is it possible?

daisy3286 wrote:

What if i deliver my baby here and i want to get her a visa under my name because my husband's salary is not 600 ro but mine is more.. Is it possible?

Hi daisy3286,

Until and unless you can furnish a valid reason as to why your child cannot be on his / her father's sponsorship, you will not be permitted to be the sponsor of your child.

Consult this issue with your company PRO and see if there is any way you can work around the system.

daisy3286 wrote:

Hi
Why don't you deposit your salary in your husband's bank account & show his monthly income as more than RO 600...?!!  ;) I think your husband can discuss the issue with his company PRO. You will be told about the possible options.

All the best!

Hi All

Have got my wife on visit visa. Now for her residence visa she has to exit. But can't the medical be done from here before she exits? The pro says to get the medical done from India after exit and courier. Since the local medical will expire as soon as she exits. This sounds weird. Anyone done medical from Oman for visit to resident visa process?

Thanks in advance.

Hi svapour,

In this country, for us expatriates, it is prudent in our own interests to trust the advice and judgement of the company PRO for all matters official, since they are the only ones who know what exactly the ministerial concerns are.

There could be many different things and they are all entirely dependent on a case-to-case basis. That is why it is advisable for us to go by what the PRO advises, irrespective of how weird, or illogical it may sound to us.

Remember, if you antagonise your PRO many things can get delayed, or even 'rejected'. Since nothing official can ever be done directly by the expatriates, and without the PRO's help, it is important to pay heed to what he says.

my name is shafeeque
i am from india..
i want  bring my famiy in oman by visit visa for 3 month
what is the formalities for getting visa
can i get visa by my profession...?
(my profession is shawarma maker)
which papers need..?
visa for wife and 2year old baby
pls help

Hi sgafeeq,

i guess you will require following things to file for family visit visa:
1. 2 photos of your wife and your kid
2. copy of their passport
3. copy of your passport
4. sponsor's letter of sponsorship for your wife and your kid. ( he actually dont have to put any money, so there should not be any problem i guess)
5. sponsor's id proof
6. his business documents (documents from chamber of commerce and etc)

i have got this info from royal Oman Police's website.

you can also go and ask some typing center as they mostly knows exact documents and can type a letter of authorization for your sponsor to sign.

thank you so mch mr.arharsh46....

Hi my husband got a job in Oman his company give him  family status I want to know how fast he can apply for family visa