Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa

Hello anyone please help me.
I am indian and currently working in oman. I want to bring my wife to oman by visit visa 3 months.
What are the procedure i have to follow.
is Marriage certificate attestation and passport copy enough to get visa. I am trying first time this process. Help me.
Where i have to go fir this process in india.

Hi rathna1988,

The basic thing that all new members must do before posting their queries here first is to take a little effort in  scanning through the numerous other posts, on the same subjects, found in the forum.

Very often you will find the very same queries are being posted by many other members and you will also find some very useful and enlightening replies from the many regular members here.

If the new members take that basic effort, it would be of great help to all the forum users.

In your case, the processes and procedures of getting a visit visa / family joining visa have been discussed at great length. In any case ...

For visit visa, marriage certificate attestation not required.

For visit visa, submitting medical reports are not required.

For visit visa, a valid passport alone would suffice.

For visit visa, if the passport holder's country is not accorded the 'visa-on-arrival' facility, then a visit visa must be applied for and duly obtained from any Omani Embassy prior to embarking on the journey.

For visit visa to be issued from within the Sultanate, a local national must be there to sponsor the traveller.

Now for further details, please help yourself to the wealth of information available in the forum. And it's for free !

Dear Sumitran

If I have understood your above post correctly for family visit visa marriage certificate is not required!

Also I hear that the process for family visit visa requires a certificate from Indian Embassy wherein they state that so and so are married? Is this true? And what is required to be submitted to Indian embassy for this certi?

Also if anyone can confirm if the marriage certificate is in language other than English , like Hindi, then does it require translation and then the attestation is reqd on the original or the attested copy?

Though lot of queries. But kinda confused.

Would really appreciate if anyone can explain the process to obtain family visit visa in detail wrt above issues.

Thnx a lot.

Regards

svapour wrote:

Dear Sumitran

If I have understood your above post correctly for family visit visa marriage certificate is not required!

Also I hear that the process for family visit visa requires a certificate from Indian Embassy wherein they state that so and so are married? Is this true? And what is required to be submitted to Indian embassy for this certi?

Also if anyone can confirm if the marriage certificate is in language other than English , like Hindi, then does it require translation and then the attestation is reqd on the original or the attested copy?

Though lot of queries. But kinda confused.

Would really appreciate if anyone can explain the process to obtain family visit visa in detail wrt above issues.

Thnx a lot.

Regards

Hi svapour,

The process to obtain family joining visa has already been shared in the forum.

All you have to do is locate it and read to know what all are required.

You have got some basic wrong here. 'Family joining visa' and 'visit visa' ae 2 separate things. Don't mix them both.

And there's nothing called family visit visa.

For family joining visa, marriage certificate attestation is a must. For visit visa it is not.

Suggest you read in the forum for details of how to get your family over here.

Dear Sumitran,

I am trying to apply for family joining visa, as I already got residents visa in Oman.

After medical check, my wife stated as unfit due to shadowing lung (poss. TB). we then revisit the doctor and ask many questions regarding this issue.
Unfortunately, he just said that "let the Minister of Health makes the decision". and he suggest to give the results, whatever it is, to ROP and see what happen next.

My question is:
do they will re-check my wife again regarding this TB possibility?
what happen if it is inactive TB? Do they will still ban my wife?
should i just go to apply the family visa?

Note, 6 months ago my wife did medical check in our home country, and everything just fine.

Hi jhonwood,

I understand your predicament.

If the medical report is stamped 'unfit to travel', then I'm afraid your wife would be denied the family joining visa.

The authorities here would not look at the test results of each and every test done - obviously.

To them all that matters is the verdict of the medical doctor's final and overall assessment.

Suggest, you check personally with your company's PRO on what his advice would be.

Good luck.

Dear Members, I have read this post in detail and its clear that the rules of family joining is quiet dynamic. We are now in April 2015. May I please know if the 6 months wait for family joining is mandatory. I will be coming in a senior management role in May'15. 4 years back self and family were in Oman.
The post contains responses which have both scenarios and hence would love to know of the current situation on the waiting period. Concern is of course  the school admissions.
Thank you all in advance.

I made some research on my own. Are we missing an important link between the 6 months waiting period and the sponsor. The initial feedback I receive is that most new employees have a probation period because of which the sponsors desist from giving them family joining Visa. This might range from 3 months to 6 months and for some none. So, can the experts in this forum share their insights. Is this 6 months waiting period a sponsor driven delay?

Hi way2anand,

Firstly, I am happy that you have taken the efforts to read the other posts on the subject in the forum.

The 6-month waiting period has nothing to do with the sponsor as you are suspecting.

The 6-month waiting period rule came into effect sometime early last year. This is also one of the many other amended rules which has been introduced to reduce the number of new expatriates coming into the Sultanate.

There have been some cases (though few and far between) where this 6-month waiting period rule was not effected. Reasons for this exemption could by just about anything from a strong sponsor, to a smart PRO. But for most this rule exists.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,
Thank you for the reply. Strange rules indeed. As company being set up in  Muscat I seriously doubt on having a strong sponsor or PRO. So this 6 months waiting period is a reality I got to live with.
Regards
Anand

Hi way2anand,

If you are talking about the rules here, you have just scratched the surface !

You will realise, as you go forward, how erratic and arbitrary the rules are.

Good luck.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

Kindly tell me more about the six month rule as I tried looking for this in : rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_vis … oining.asp but did not get any information about this. Does this apply to all categories of employment. Does this 6 month rule apply from the date of obtaining the paper visa or after getting the resident visa stamped on the passport. Is it possible to get Oman employment visa before cancelling the Dubai employment visa as currently I am working in Dubai. How much time it will take if I come to Oman to get my residence visa stamped and go back to Dubai to serve my notice period.

Hi bikash1979,

There are many posts on the subject of the 6-month waiting rule right here in this forum. Please note that nothing of this is mentioned officially anywhere. But it is being followed rather strictly. Like I have repeatedly said, exceptions do exist.

Regarding the rest, find below your other queries and my comments :

Q : Does this apply to all categories of employment.

A : Yes, this rule is applicable to all categories of employment, without any differences.

Q : Does this 6 month rule apply from the date of obtaining the paper visa or after getting the resident visa stamped on the passport.

A : Any official date would mean from the date of entry into the Sultanate. That includes for this one too.

Q : Is it possible to get Oman employment visa before cancelling the Dubai employment visa as currently I am working in Dubai.

A : No, it is not possible to hold two valid employment visas. (It's not even logical, right ?)

Q : How much time it will take if I come to Oman to get my residence visa stamped and go back to Dubai to serve my notice period.

A : Huh ? There is no such thing as a 'residence visa'. Expatriates come on what is known as the employment visa, renewable every two years. About your second part of the above question, read my comment just above.

Hi Mr. Anand

I am also sinking in the same ship of 6 months and kids school as I will be joining by July. How you will be managing the school admission issue, have you selected any school for kids. Mine is going to Grade 1 and need to look for good Indian school.

Dear Mr. Sumitran at the onset thank you for the insights which makes it clear on the 6 months ban. During the last few weeks, the view this rule is "flexible" and "wasta" etc had been highlighted by some known people in Oman. Which means, its on a wing and prayer we submit the Family joining visa request  :)

Hi Bikash, Yes we are on the same league. Saving grace is the school Modern International which is affiliated to Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. They follow the CBSE-i pattern and hence school academic year is from August to June. Its with a confidence that my PRO will get me the Family Joining Visa, is what I hope for to avoid a washout of a year for my daughter. Indian schools within Muscat for 1st seems a tough call but surely worth the try. For Modern International you may please mail the principal directly. The email is there on the website.
There are multiple views on the quality of the school but from my discussions on this school, it is a good one indeed. Only thing parents  have to do is the need to use the online platform well enough and also ensure to spend some time with their children (which is rare for kids who have both parents working) The second would be academic year of August to June will make it difficult for an admission into any other CBSE School.
Finally all this will happen only when the Family gets the Visa. Period! Keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks Mr. Anand for your reply. Seems you are also from Dubai. May I have your Dubai number.

Hi Mr. Anand. I need to contact you, can I get your number.

Hi,

i am new in oman only 10 days.. i want to take y wife over here..... i have good salary more then 1000 RO...

peoples are saying u must having bank statement of 6 or 3 months.. is it true?
medical of my wife will be done in pakistan ?
In my residence card it is written worker ( Company is saying due to visa clearance issue of Engineer thats y they approve worker visa then they will convert this visa type in next 6 months. So due to worker visa my wife can come? but salary is fine.. any suggestion ?

Please reply

Waiting

hummadali wrote:

Hi,

i am new in oman only 10 days.. i want to take y wife over here..... i have good salary more then 1000 RO...

peoples are saying u must having bank statement of 6 or 3 months.. is it true?
medical of my wife will be done in pakistan ?
In my residence card it is written worker ( Company is saying due to visa clearance issue of Engineer thats y they approve worker visa then they will convert this visa type in next 6 months. So due to worker visa my wife can come? but salary is fine.. any suggestion ?

Please reply

Waiting

Hi hummadali,

You must first read through the many other posts on the same subject, before popping your similar question again for members to answer.

Whatever professional position is officially registered, is what would be considered for all benefits and privileges.

If you are really an engineer, how could you agree to be registered as a worker ? I doubt if a 'doctor' would ever agree to be registered as a 'ward boy'. Or an 'architect' agree to be registered as a 'mason'.

Since your employer has conned you, it is now up to them to make sure your wife can join you.

Good luck.

Dear Do not waste time in Indian Embassy and Foreign affairs,as Oman is not accepting it ,The certificate must be APSOTILE by Ministry of External Affairs, India, Our embassy staff in Oman are informing prior to issuing affidavit.
I have wasted time and 11 OMR.

Hi,
Mr. Sumitran
I have some queries before coming to Oman..can you please help me..I got offer and express visa to travel Oman this month...
1. How long it will take to convert express visa to employment visa and LC.
2.Time required for famgily visa after my employment visa issuance..
3.what are the procedures and documents required for family permanent visa...
..is bank statement is mandatory...
Thanks...

Hi khalidmjmd,

The issue of getting labour clearance is one of the most hotly discussed topics in the forum.

There are umpteen useful posts and discussions threads already available.

Read them and you will get all the information you require.

Same is the case with the subject of getting family / dependent visas.

The waiting period before family joining visa application can be submitted in sometimes, 6-months, sometimes 3-months and sometime none, from the date of applying. Though it is a 6-month wait period, it is not a blanket requirement.

Yes, salary statement is mandatory. Since this would be a company driven process for details of all the documents required contact your company. Plus, if you can help yourself, all the details are already in the forum. Look under the right topic. A site search would be a simpler way to locate the discussions.

Thank you..very usefull information... will update once reach there....
.Thanks

Hello everyone, i have been reading these forums for quite some time now (say arnd nov last year when i was offered a job in muscat). These blogs have been very useful and all the comments  of our dear friends who take out time for answering queries is really appreciated.

I come from mumbai, India and have been here in muscat from march this year and would like to share my experience along with a few questions:

I m working here as a civil engineer (B.E), i had all  my certificates attested and submitted to my company before hand but still was issued a building painter visa. After a lot of apprehension on travelling on such a visa i finally agreed to after my company assured me of changing it to engineer visa within a month, and they stuck to thier promise.
So for all the queries of the people whether the profession can be changed or not the answer is a big "YES"......
My company changed my proffesion, openend me  a bank account, arranged me a family accomodation (as per my contract) within 1 months time.....

Now i m here for almst 3 mnths, and have started for My family visa procedure my questions are as follows;
1.) As i understand from reading all the blogs that marraige certificate attestation is compulsory for family joining visa, now i dont have a registered marraige certificate (only my nikah nama issued by the local priest who performed my marraige) i have a marriage affidavit which i want to attest and submit in lieu of my marraige certificate, is that acceptable for my family joining visa????

2.) I am contemplating on calling my family (My wife, 2 year old kid and my widowed mother) on a visit visa (since obtaining a marraige affidavit & its attestation will take some time, if that can be done at all). Can i apply for thier visa on my own (i have all requisite docs, salary certificate stating my salary of above 600 OMR, tenancy agreemnet, engineer profession endorsed on my resident card etc etc) online since this new e-visa facility is availble online now or i have to apply through the company PRO.??????

Thanks for all the guyzz who have been replying to queries, keep up the good work........ :thanks:

Hi... My husband has been offered a JOB for the post of Dep General Manager Human resource,..the co is offering him a salary of 2050 OMR this includes Company accomodation & car.. other than that there are benefits like one month leave, flight cost borne by co...bonus is over & above salary..there is a furniture loan...Just curious to know if this is a decent offer...what is a decent salary for A dep general manger human resource in Oman??

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FAMILY JOINING VISA
-PASSPORT COPY ALL (FRONT & LAST PAGE)
-ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (ATTESTED FROM MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS)
-ORIGINAL BIRTH CHILDREN CERTIFICATE (ATTESTED FROM MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS)
-GAMCA MEDICAL CERTIFICATE (ATTESTED FROM MINISTRY OF HEALTH OMAN)
-ORIGINAL RENT AGREEMENT
-COPY OF BANK STATEMENT (THREE MONTHS RO 600 EACH MONTH)

Hello All,

My Husband has found a job opportunity in Muscut as an Senior Landscape Architect and now he is going to shift there within this month end. I would like to know few thing.

1. "Can I go there on visit visa during his probation period ?"

2. As per law, I need some sponsor who can provide me approval to visit Muscut. Can my husband give me such approval after completion of his one month there?

3. Once the six month passed he will apply for my family visa(dependent visa). Am I eligible to visit him during this six months? and how many time I can visit Muscut?

4. Is it easy to apply for the family joining visa while I (wife) am having valid visit visa? Or First I have to wait for expiration of visit visa and then I can apply for family joining visa.

I have read almost every entries of this forum. So I have idea for required documents but please solve my doubts. It will be really tough to spend 6 months without visit each other.

Thanks.

kavitaanjaria wrote:

Hello All,

My Husband has found a job opportunity in Muscut as an Senior Landscape Architect and now he is going to shift there within this month end. I would like to know few thing.

2. As per law, I need some sponsor who can provide me approval to visit Muscut. Can my husband give me such approval after completion of his one month there?

3. Once the six month passed he will apply for my family visa(dependent visa). Am I eligible to visit him during this six months? and how many time I can visit Muscut?

4. Is it easy to apply for the family joining visa while I (wife) am having valid visit visa? Or First I have to wait for expiration of visit visa and then I can apply for family joining visa.

I have read almost every entries of this forum. So I have idea for required documents but please solve my doubts. It will be really tough to spend 6 months without visit each other.

Thanks.

1. yes, you can visit him during his probation period, as you will be on a visit visa which has no relation with the probation period at his job.

2. no, your husband cant sponsor you, the sponsor should be an omani national, i guess a travel company might help there

3. yes you can visit him , but it will be family visit visa, and as per recent rules,( as i have read on forums) you have  to leave the country first and then only you have to apply fresh for family joining visa.

4.you can apply for family joining visa even if your visitor visa is not expired. only you have to leave the country once. and as you will leave the country your visit visa will automatically expire, as visitor visa is a single entry visa.

kavitaanjaria wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi kavitaanjaria,

Find my comments against your queries below :

1. "Can I go there on visit visa during his probation period ?" - Yes. You can. On a Visit Visa. Valid for 3-months with a possibility of a 1-month extension.

2. As per law, I need some sponsor who can provide me approval to visit Muscat. Can my husband give me such approval after completion of his one month there? - No. Your husband cannot be your sponsor. Your husband's company can be your sponsor. It will cost them nothing.

3. Once the six month passed he will apply for my family visa(dependent visa). Am I eligible to visit him during this six months? and how many time I can visit Muscut? - Possibly once (3+1 month = 4-months), on a Visit Visa. Not more.

4. Is it easy to apply for the family joining visa while I (wife) am having valid visit visa? Or First I have to wait for expiration of visit visa and then I can apply for family joining visa. - Your paperwork can be done even while you are here. But on getting the dependent visa, you must exit and come back again.

Thanks Sumitran Sir.

Its nice to get help. Thanks a lot for solving my doubts.

Thanks Sumitran Sir.

Its nice to get help. Thanks a lot for solving my doubts.

Hi Guys,

Just want to update you on my family visa process. Received 2 year resident visa for my wife & my kid & three months visit visa for my mother. Got the visa within 2 days time (pretty amazing considering its ramzaan time). My PRO had actually submitted residence visa for my mother also but it got rejected since the ministry is not issuing residence visas for parents he said, so he got a visit visa valid for 3 months & extendable for another 1 month.
The documents I submitted for my family visa were as follows:
1.) Attested marriage certificate
2.) Passport copies of my family. (My name endorsed on wife's passport)
3.) Tenancy Agreement.
4.) Salary certificate from company. (stating salary above OMR 600 & accommodation provided by the company)
5.) 3 months bank statement.
6.) My residence card. (With "CIVIL ENGINEER" profession endorsed on the residence card)
7.) My passport copy (with my wife's name endorsed on passport)

Hope the above information is useful for some.

One more new rule is here. before to apply family joining visa. Employee should be finished minimum six months in Oman

ajvrmmct wrote:

One more new rule is here. before to apply family joining visa. Employee should be finished minimum six months in Oman

Hi ajvrmmct,

Just to let you know, this is not really a new rule. It is in force for over a year or more now.

But then there are exceptions too to this rule. You can read all about it in the forum.

This thread was really useful to me as I was looking for answers to Family Visa procedures.
Well , it seems....though all men are equal, some will remain unequal with regard to the 6 month wait period.
The ROP site did not provide any clarity on the 6 month wait period issue.

My prospective employers say that they will try to get a waiver for the 6 month wait period ....but do not promise anything ! I can understand their reluctance to make a firm commitment.
Shall deal with it at appropriate time.

I also have another specific issue. Got married many moons ago and we dont have a marriage certificate. If I remember correctly, when she travelled to US and Canada , we had made an affidavit and our passport have entries of each others name as spouse.

My question is, is the passport entry as "spouse" good enough or do we still need to get a marriage certificate?

Thanks

IndianWanderlust wrote:

This thread was really useful to me as I was looking for answers to Family Visa procedures.
Well , it seems....though all men are equal, some will remain unequal with regard to the 6 month wait period.
The ROP site did not provide any clarity on the 6 month wait period issue.

My prospective employers say that they will try to get a waiver for the 6 month wait period ....but do not promise anything ! I can understand their reluctance to make a firm commitment.
Shall deal with it at appropriate time.

I also have another specific issue. Got married many moons ago and we dont have a marriage certificate. If I remember correctly, when she travelled to US and Canada , we had made an affidavit and our passport have entries of each others name as spouse.

My question is, is the passport entry as "spouse" good enough or do we still need to get a marriage certificate?

Thanks

An attested marraige affidavit is acceptable for proof of marraige, i had submitted the same for my family visa. Both ur passports having names endorsed of the spouses is an added advantage but an attested marraige cert/ affidavit is required nonetheless. regarding the 6 month waiting period, it is totally dependent on the approach of your ccompany's PRO. If your PRO is a smart fellow (which normally isnt the case with most PRO's) he can get u a family visa within 3 months.

Respected sir,

In my labour card my profession is house building mason but my salary is more than 600 Ro. Now Iam planing to bring my wife .Is there  any possibility to get a visiting or family joining vissa for me

Respected sir,

In my labour card my profession is house building mason but my salary is more than 600 Ro. Is there is any possibility to get a visiting or family joining vissa for me

Dear Sarfraz

Thanks for the clarification. This helps .