Housing near Science Park in Tainan

My husband and I are moving to Tainan, sometime late in August. Wondering what sort of apartments are available with swimming pool, what sorts of rents are we expected to pay, near the Science Park?  We are thinking of getting a 3-4 bedroom apartment

-veena

Hi. I live in a new high rise complex a short distance from Science Park. A lot of the residents work at the park. Yes we have a pool, 24 hour guards at the entrance. A four bedroom apartment goes for about $US1000-1200 furnished. If your company is paying for your housing add another 10%. All of the apartments are owned but some investors rent them out.
I'm in the proceess of helping someone like you get an apartment in our complex.
Does this help?...Ron in Hsichu

It helps tremendously. What sort of neighbourhood is the apartment complex in? Are there lively markets, and is everything within walking distance of the complex? Are there markets close by? Basically, if you were coming to Tainan for the first time, would you choose to live near the science park, or is there another more desirable area?

Our place is brand new, four 15 story buildings surrounding a small park. In each building there is a courtyard with pool, execise room, library, & internet room. Across the street is a 7-11 convenience store & starbucks. A supermarket just up the street..A local outdoor market..This place is very convenient.
Are you on facebook? If so you can see my photos of the place.
I'm retired and live here with my wife ( Chinese )don't know much about Science Park except everyone I meet seems to work there.

It is always a great idea to ask for comps (ie price per SF in a specific market) from your broker, there are many factors that impact overall price you will pay, such as square footage, age of the building (class A, B, distance to central business district, distance to public transportation, location, view and amenities. Landlords will be willing to give you rent concession if you are up for a long tern lease.

Tainan Science Park is a loooong way from the city (45min - 1hr drive) and there is very little quality of life out there.
I always stayed in a city hotel when I visited (which was often) and would certainly do the same if I were to live/work in Tainan.