Travelling to Algaria - advices

Hi everyone,

I have just got an invitation from my male friend in Algaria (Kabyle, living in Tizi Ouzou, just friend I am married) and I am really considering of visiting the country. I am women from EU, probably travelling there alone. Is it safe? Do I need to wear the hat etc.?

Could you please also share your experiences with getting the Visa there? Which Visa apply the best (I could choose from travel and business – could probably also receive the invitation letter). Do you have any experiences at the airport after landing, are there any difficulties?

Many thanks for your experiences.

Janicka

hello Janika and welcome on board, also welcome to visit Algeria
honestly, you dont need to worry about safety issue while your are in Algeria, i mean it is mostly like everywhere in the world......and also no need to wear head scarf, you will find plenty of westernised people around you especialy in Tizi Ouzou, yeah it is a muslim country but there is no control on how to wear, BUT respctful dressing is apreciated to avoid the harassment
since you are from EU, you need to have a visa to come to Algeria, you can easily apply for a tourist visa in the Algerian embassy wherever you are especialy when you have a letter of invitation from your Algerian friend...
i hope gave you some usefull infos, plz feel free to ask any question

Nadji

Hi Nadji,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will be in touch and maybe ask more questions as soon as my journey is near:)

Many thanks again and take care.

J.

Hi Janicka,
You will love it, i moved from london after 15 years abroad and i just visited tizi ouzou where are i am from originally, people are so nice and generous, they all speaks french and some speaks english educated one
have great time, if you require any legal advice contact me

many thanks
Salim

Hi Janicka,

The first thing I advice you to do is go to the Algerian consulate in London website, print two copy of visa application, complete it and sign it, then get some pictures, then add to your file an invitation letter from your sponsor, your current passport and some payslips and work certificate if you do have them.
They are open Tuesday to friday to Apply for visa 8.30 to 11.30 to and for collection is the same days from 3.30 to 4.30
Many thanks and please feel free to ask any questions
Best Regards