Moving to the Philippines

Hey guys, i'm mohamad from Lebanon. I'm starting my search about moving to Cebu city, heard about the friendly people over there and many other things. My goal from going there is starting my own store and getting to meet new people with new ways of life.. you know the rest.
I'm asking you to give me little of your time, help me with my search, write me what is it like over there, cost of living, health care, food, taxes, visa, basically how to open my socalled "new dream".
Thanks in advance people.
Appreciate it! :)

Hi Mohamad  Assalamu Alaikum

Thanks for your interest in the Philippines. I,m Andrew living in Charlotte N.C USA. I traveled there in 2007 and would like to move there also. You can't work there but I belive foreign business are permitted if not welcomed. Visa can be renewed easily at any immigration office every two or three months.
They have good health care for low costs from my research. Basically a well developing nation and if you have some money it can be very nice. Good Luck with your dream..I got the same one!

Andrew

Hi Mohamad, Cebu is a clean city with a good food at a cheaper price , the expenses your asking is depending on the kind of living you like, food $ 135/month ; transpo ( public ) $ 80/month ; apartment rental $ 350/month ; phone/internet $ 50/month ; electricity and water $ 50/month ; health care is cheap here you can choose on different companies with different options ; visa extension after your allowed stay  first extension cost   $ 76 valid for 45 days up to 2 months depending on the officer, next time extension will be cheaper and you need to exit in the country after 1 year of stay and you can also apply other visa applicable to you when you arrive here. If you want to open a business here you have to have a filipino partner who can be your counterpart 40% foreigner and 60% filipino will be allowed for any business here, if you plan to buy house here you could not own unless you have filipina wife but can own 100% on condo units. for more info send me email at [email protected]

cebu is beautiful