Moving To Cambodia?

Hello, Me and my family have planned a trip to Cambodia, and we intend on coming with 4000us dollars. How can I make money stretch in Riel to get a house, food, expenses, etc. Also I have a 3 month old baby, how can I make his travels safe with baby food, and decent living accommodations?

I can give you an advice, cambodia and a terrific place if you want a consoglio with a child so small if you go in the sea you can rent the bungaloow in Sihanoukville, cost only 25 euro per day for two people inclusive of colazzione, because in the houses they want to book 2 or 3 months before the reservation, and for the child in that area, there are the best guarantee of safe clinical and international Poliza that you can use or a ospadale to Phonm phen or transfer to a hospital in Thailand that areas are more secure, and if you need to do a tour I recommend the gesthaus or I can recommend a good tour operator good day

Thanks, Me and my family really don't want to live the "American-ized" way, we'd rather live by the culture of Cambodia, do you think with 4000 us dollars we would be stable for at least a year, if we exchange us for riel?

Love2Travel1074 wrote:

Thanks, Me and my family really don't want to live the "American-ized" way, we'd rather live by the culture of Cambodia, do you think with 4000 us dollars we would be stable for at least a year, if we exchange us for riel?

I think you would be cutting things a bit fine to expect to get by on $330 a month. Have you taken into consideration medical insurance cover, medicines and other baby things for your child.  Do you have a back up plan if things turn sour and you have to leave.
I suggest you do a lot more online research before you make a decision. For cost of living www.numbeo.com I would hate to hear that you are destitute and stuck in Cambodia. There are many pitfalls for the uninitiated who come to Asia to live the dream on a shoe string budget.
Sorry to sound negative but I am a realist after 40+ years of working and traveling around the world and many years in South East Asia. 
Good luck.

I understand completely, to add that I receive 1000 dollars ssi monthly. Also, what are the advantages of spending in reil vs. spending in American currency in Cambodia?