Plans to move in July

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on how it's all going...Well I have had a couple of job interviews (via Skype) and I am awaiting the result of those so fingers crossed! At the moment seeking out shipping companies and getting quotes, still not sure if it is better to ship my bits out or sell them and start again, what did you guys do?

I guess I am waiting to hear about a job before I know my exact next steps so I can sort housing etc. Just packing and getting rid of bits. Does anyone know whether any airlines allow extra baggage for emigration to the DR?

Right now any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kay

Congrats Kaydeevee. Wishing you lots of luck on the job front, I'm pretty sure some of the other bloggers will chime in with some more answers to your questions. If you do not mind me asking, what type of jobs are you applying for, and how are you going about setting up the interviews? Will you have a work visa or do you have a residencia? Planner on this blog does job scouting, you might want to send her your resume.  Hope all works out. Bob will probably advise you on the shipping portion :-)

Hi massagewiz, I am applying for teaching positions and have applied directly to the schools in most instances. I believe I will have a work visa but then get residencia. I know Planner does job scouting, may contact her depending on the outcome of the interviews. Thanks for the luck!

Good luck on the interviews. If you don't knowing you will want to live here long term, don't ship your things. It us pretty easy to start over. And you can ship a couple boxes or barrels.

I know of no airline that will give you a break unless it is to help nonprofits. Sorry!

Planner is correct no break on the luggage.

Bob K