Foreign husband/wive of Malaysia citizen allow to work in Malaysia

Hello, I just want to ask something I am a Filipina. My fiancée is a Malaysian citizen. And we're planning to register this coming January,I am a preschool teacher in Philippines for 7 years now. Is there any chances for me to get a job in Malaysia? Thank you!

Yes. Check out http://www.klkidsclub.com/ Also in other parts of the KL area there  are jobs.

Thank you very much Gravitas!

Hi, I have same situation like you,it's not a problem to find job in malaysia because we have experience. The problem is visa here, I found strange statements, because if we're register with malaysian we can't work legally, if we work legally, we can't register. Have you found solutions yet?

Hi

I am Serin Sifana an Indian married a PR of Malaysia. I got my spouse visa for  6 months but then not allowed  to work. By next month I need to extend my visa for 1 year. Whether with that visa I can work here or need to get working visa. Please I need a clarification on this.

Thankz

serinshiba - latest rule is you need to get a job offer and then apply to immigration for an endorsement giving permission to work.

There is a good FB group with lots of info and ability to find previous discussions or start your own. https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

The "Notes" section also has useful guides and links.

Thank you  Gravitas

Hi
I am Serin, as I told before I got 6 months spouse visa which is over. I thought I would get 1 year visa but in immigration they gave me only 6 months visa. I got a job offer from a company but now an obstacle is my visa which says that I should not be employed in any form of work so the company holds my offer. How can I proceed to get my working visa ? What are the procedure? . Please looking for any ones reply.
Thank you.

Join Facebook group Foreign Spouses Support Group Malaysia to get first hand current advice

Yes absolutely right, a stamp is required and it requires an appointment letter from the company which is offering job.

The info which U have is correct

Hi. Can the foreigner who hold a valid spouse visa, apply working permit as a Real Estate Negotiator? Thanks.

I would like to know, is there any cooling off period for first 6 months of spouse visa  to get work approval endorsement on spouse visa?

As far as I am aware you cannot get work endorsement on the first LTSVP only subsequent ones i.e. you cannot work for 6 months, there is a possible get out if originally on a working visa but have to talk to immigration. After first LTSVP is renewed can apply for work endorsement but have to have an offer letter from company to do so.

Thanks for your clarification!  One more thing , if at all iam applying for spouse visa for the first time , and have new company offer letter and other related docs, will I able to get spouse visa along with work approval?

No it's not possible on first LTSVP. Only possible when holding a 1 yr pass.

Check the Notes section on FB group Foreign Spouses Support Group Malaysia

Thank you very much for your clarification!

As  mentioned, on first LTSVP for first 6 months I cannot work in malaysia. So is it possible for me to go to other country work for 6 months and come back to Malaysia once 6 months is completed? So this my cooling period will be over and now eligible to work in malaysia as 6 months completed. Please advise.

I have checked under Notes in foreign spouses support group.
It didn't say anything about cooling period of first 6 months to do any work. Please read point 6 below.

Please clarify...

Working permit for Spouse of Malaysian Citizen

1.The foreign husband/wife is permitted to work in Malaysia without having to change their Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass on condition that the spouse has acquired work approval from the Immigration Department.
2.The approval is in the form of an endorsement on the passport/travel document.
3.The endorsement is given free of charge.
4.The endorsement entitles the holder to work in any legal profession.
5.The application for the endorsement can be made at the Visa, Pass and Permit Division  Immigration Head Quarters or at the nearest state Immigration office.
6.The permit is effective any time after or during the submission of the Social Visit Pass.
7.The letter of application should be submitted together with a copy of the letter of appointment/company registration evidence, marriage certificate and a valid Long Term Social Visit Pass.

The extract needs reading in conjunction with the general document about marriage registration and first application for spouse visa.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/foreign- … 258087380/

6. Just means the permission is granted after application including the documents mentioned in 7. It might be granted simultaneously with the 1 yr visa or the application can be made later. It refers to a job offer  in Malaysia.

Here's the link which clarifies a 1 year spouse Visa is required to get the endorsement to work

https://www.facebook.com/notes/foreign- … 258087380/

However following FSSGMY is essential to getting updates and new policies or specific information about different Immigration offices. For example tax information is now required when renewing spouse Visa if salary is rm3k or above - posted today

After getting spouse visa,  for first time for 6 months ..how long can I stay out of malaysia...since for first 6 months I cannot work shall I go to other country and come back during renewal time? Please suggest.

You need to ask that question on FSSGMY I think when getting the first  6 months you can apply for a multi entry visa to Malaysia which allows you to leave and return.

But immigration are looking for fake marriages so I guess you have to be in Malaysia for at least some amount of time during the first visa.

FSSGMY will have people who have done what you are considering and whether they could get a renewal if they didn't actually live in Malaysia.

Did you see this Survival guide

https://www.facebook.com/notes/foreign- … 197142020/

Each State has slightly different procedures so when you ask questions do say where you would be livjng

If you prefer and have professional skills and qualifications you can opt to find a job that offers a professional Employment Pass instead of going the spouse visa route but it may affect your immigration options in the future.

Hi,

I hope this thread is still going. I want to check:

I am a UK citizen, my wife is malaysian (sabahan). We have been married 2 years and recently applied for spouse visa. I registered a business in Malaysia with my wife and myself as directors with 1000 rm paid up capital (she has 51% I have 49%). But now I'm told we can't open an account as I need a work permit. How do I get a work permit as I haven't paid 350k paid up capital but yet I was allowed to register a business. Isn't the spouse visa enough?

Really hope someone can help. Between immigration, company secretary and Bank Manager.... no one has a clue.

Thanks

Have you been able to discuss this on FB group Foreign Spouses Support Group Malaysia to share info with people in similar situation. If you are under a Sabah spouse visa their immigration rules will apply https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

You seem to have accidentally fallen into the category of a Joint Venture because of the ownership split, where paid up capital is now 400k. An employment pass is required with that structure to open a corporate bank account.

Perhaps you need to start again and your wife to look into options for Malaysian only registered company eg sole proprietor. But discuss on FSSGMY.

Personal account ? I opened a joint one with no visa or work permit although they now ask to see LTVSP each time it has been renewed. What I cannot do is get credit card based on my income from overseas needs to be income in Malaysia

The problem is I speak to SSM, they refer to the bank. I speak to the bank they refer me to immigration. I speak to immigration they refer me to SSM so there's no coordination between all three key agencies.... and I'm here chasing my own tail.

The bank keeps requesting a work visa which I can't get due to not having 350k paid up capital, yet I am given the option to register as a director without that capital. It's all very confusing.

Will check the FB group but was hoping someone had a similar experience and resolved it.

TQ

It's for a business account for a company I've already registered. Now I'm being told i can't open a business account, although I can open a company... it's all a shambles to be honest.

To repeat. You have incorporated the wrong type of company.

Because you own 49% it's categorised as a joint venture which requires equity and an employment pass to open a business account.

It's standard procedure for any JV

Go back to the drawing board and open a different type of company to get a business bank account. Then you don't need RM400k to proceed.

It hasn't been registered as a joint Venture, just a regular Sdn. Bhd. company with 2 directors. Now i've been told to remove my name as director and only leave my wife as director.

It's automatically a joint venture because you registered it with a foreigner and a local Malaysian as owners. A JV is the designation for a Sdn Bhd owned in this way.

You might want to consider abandoning  the Sdn Bhd for now as you cannot work for that type of company without equity and an EP.

A Sdn Bhd is also quite expensive to run as it needs business premises that are not a private house etc. It may need a business licence as well, depending on the type of business you plan. Company Secretary fees do mount up.

Make enquiries about being involved with a sole proprietor company owned 100% by your wife as a small business. I think there may be some support and grants available too

Foreign Spouses Support Group Malaysia will probably be useful to find out

Unfortunately we have already paid the company secretary 3k to register. We have been told we don't require a premises and can operate from home address. Not my words...theirs. So this is making more nervous now.

Also for business licence, who apply's processes it?

Do you have any more information regarding my wife being sole proprietor and me partnering up with her.

Sorry for the interrogation but you seem to have the best source of information.

Thank You!

This might be useful about sole proprietor and partnerships

https://www.paulhypepage.my/different-b … rtnership/

Do you already have an endorsement to work on your Spouse visa?

Not yet, we applied 2 weeks ago so within the next 2 weeks I should have the Spouse Visa.

Thanks again!

I think you will find you need a 1 Yr spouse visa to be able to work and the first visa is usually only for 6 months. Each State has its own rules though so your immigration officer can advise. Which immigration office took your application

Hi, now iam on spouse visa with first 6 month validity. My validity expires on Nov end. But I got an offer to join on 1st Oct. Since iam in cooling period on the first 6 months of spouse visa.
Could anyone guide me what is the approach to start work from 1st Oct. Will immegrassion provide work endorsement?