Ladies are u even sick of boredom.....?

Hi, I just want to ask all the ladies here that what do u do at weekends? I found them hell boring as I get nothing to do, anyhow I am trying to find good friends here and make some good plans for the weekend...anyone up to share weekend plans??? :)

do you like photography?

I am guessing the ladies go for shopping and spend $$$$$

Though men but very bored any of you can give me company for outing long drive let me know at 0542268572 thx

The Main Entertainment here is Shopping and Eating out.Thats what most of the Ladies do i guess..

me too!!trying to find out what can i do here if not living in compound,not having any gym in the neighbourhood,not accepted by any college to study and ofcourse can't work! what do you people do here??

It depends on the person's preferences. If you have friends you can visit them in their houses, or you can go to restaurants, cafe shops, shopping malls, joining gyms or going to play bowling or skating. We also have amusement parks and entertainment centres in Thumamah region.
I hope my answer was helpful for you
Enjoy :)

going to play bowling or skiing

skiing?

Trapezius wrote:

going to play bowling or skiing

skiing?

Sorry I meant skating*

well I don have any friends here now, but hoping to find soon InshaAllah... I love cooking baking but I am a learner so I keep trying that at home apart from that I am a certified makeup artist so keep on practicing that too, I am very much into arts n crafts I keep doing embroidery painting and studying interiors just to kill time but loneliness sucks big time and there is nothing different to do at the weekends  :(

Freshlikesushi wrote:

do you like photography?

yes I do and I keep clicking piks just for time pass...

SonyaAlHallaj wrote:

me too!!trying to find out what can i do here if not living in compound,not having any gym in the neighbourhood,not accepted by any college to study and ofcourse can't work! what do you people do here??

exactly that's what I feel like....

BTW, there are gyms for ladies in Riyadh and quite fancy ones. You could work out to kill boredom. Shopping malls is a favorite past time for people in Saudi. Eating out is another. For people in eastern region can go to Bahrain on weekend and watch movies or shop or do their stuff.

Hey! I live in madinah, not close! I llve baking! Im making a fondant cake right now. I try and painy but im awful at it, and i knit a sew too! Haha creativity out of boredom i guess ( ok im awful at all the above things as well) would be nice to get to know some lovely ladies!

hi

I'm working as a french teacher but the life  is still boring. Nothing to do in weekend you're right. I hate malls !! I'm ready for any plans.

strengthen the PR

its not easy for the ladies sitting at home to manage or strengthen PR.

ayesha_ss wrote:

its not easy for the ladies sitting at home to manage or strengthen PR.

There was a similar thread by another user just yesterday. Why don't you two exchange notes and setup something...go out for coffee or dinner.....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 40#1830936

Here you are....help yourself.

I suggest taking-up a musical instrument.  How much work you need to put into it depends on the instrument, how good you want to become and how old you are (like languages, younger people take to them quicker).  It is an ideal activity where one has long blocks of free time, is kept indoors (either due to unpleasant weather or inability to get around) and and spends a lot of time alone.  The internet offers endless opportunities for video or written instruction. 

Once you get proficient, you can then supplement the learning activities by entertaining yourself through playing.  There are several websites that provide sheet music and tablature ("cheat-sheet" music) so that you can play your favorite songs without having to work them out from scratch.

I am a guitar player and when I came here, I was concerned that there wouldn't be any resources here to feed my habit such as picks, replacement strings, patch cords, etc.  However, I found that there is a decent guitar shop in Old Jubail and several in Khobar, so I expect there are lots of shops across KSA for not only guitarists, but also for piano players, drummers, etc.

Guitar is a great starter instrument because it's portable, versitile (can play chords, unlike a flute), common and you can get them cheap (start at about 400SR for a low-end nylon-string classical acoustic).  However, with the 21st century comes technology that makes piano just as cheap and portable...maybe moreso.  With an electric keyboard, all you need is a power source and you never have to worry about breaking strings or tuning every 15 minutes.

The only downside is that it's almost impossible to get a gig around here, so yuo'd better enjoy listening to yourself :)

hi how r u ?

So true.....Not only Ladies...Men even too boredom leaving here..!!!Need a vacation..:(

oh man dont ask this place was never as boring as it feels now cuz lived out of this country for around 5 yrs :/ and then driver issues on top of that no friends. i also need some good time at weekends :/

Ayesha,
           Although it's a bit late, I think the best way to answer your question would probably be to ask another question..  :)

What did you do on weekends before you came to the Kingdom?? That would be pretty helpful in giving us some insight on what you can do here!

Regards,

a lot of compounds have several activities for both genders
u don't need to be living in there
just know someone who can get u in (residents or the compound's management)

by the way, I'm attending many parties and events in Riyadh
& i could help u out with that ;)

Good luck
And i wish you have a nice weekend