Saudi Labor Law

Hi guys,

i just read an article about this new Saudi Labor Law,

“An employee should not be asked to work more than 40 hours weekly and more than eight hours daily. Working hours during Ramadan shall be reduced to not more than 35 hours per week for Muslims and not more than seven hours daily,” the law said.
New Saudi Law

is this already being perform by the companies here in KSA?
because as for my job i have 10 hours a day.

regards.

i guess you should check with your HR ASAP.

Well yeah, been long before, but may i ask how many hours is your break time? because i believe for the 40 hrs, breaktime is excluded and prayer time  and so to compensate to the prayer time and break time they usually make it 9 or 10 hrs :)

Quoting labor law:

Chapter VI - Section Two: Working Hours
Article 98
A worker may not actually work for more than eight hours a day if the employer uses the daily work criterion or more than forty-eight hours a week if he uses the weekly criterion. During the month of Ramadan, the actual working hours for Muslims shall be reduced to a maximum of six hours a day or thirty-six hours a week.
Article 99
The number of working hours provided for in Article (98) of this Law may be raised to nine hours a day for certain categories of workers or in certain industries and jobs where the worker does not work continuously. It may likewise be reduced to seven hours a day for certain categories of workers or in certain hazardous or harmful industries or jobs. Categories of workers, industries and jobs referred to shall be determined pursuant to a decision by the Minister.
Article 100
In firms where work is done in shifts, an employer may, with the Ministry's approval, increase the number of working hours to more than eight hours a day or forty eight hours a week, provided that the average working hours in three weeks time shall not be more or less than eight hours a day or forty eight hours a week.

a few months ago, i read in the news that the Shoura advocated for a 40-hour work week to all companies, private or public.......

then suddenly, they just stopped talking about it.......

Once upon a time, a couple of years ago, they published news of cancelling sponsorship system in the Kingdom. All such news vanished and more strict measures are taken. Welcome to Majikal kingdom  :P  :p

:o:joking::dumbom: