FOREIGN WORKERS VISA UNDER SERVICE INDUSTRY

Hi, I'm wondering if there's such thing as "Foreign worker's visa under service industry" which lasts for 5 years in Malaysia? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There is a visa for working in the service industry but only certain citizens of defined countries are eligible.

It is not 5 years.

http://www.mida.gov.my/env3/index.php?p … gn-workers

There is another arrangement for Filipinos - but not too many job types available (maids usually). Check out your Embassy in KL.

http://www.philembassykl.org.my/filcom.htm#A.

Thanks a lot Gravitas. You've been very helpful. I saw some job postings e.g telemarketing agent from this site and when I asked them about the visa process, they answered me they're gonna issue "foreign worker's visa" which will last 5 years. That's why I tried to make sure first and checked the company's background.

What they are saying is that you can work here for a maximum of 5 years, but the permit is valid twice for 2 years and once for 1 year (I believe from people who work in our local restaurant). I think they have relaxed the gender requirement, as it clearly says on the link provided earlier -  males only, but there are far more females in the service industry anyway. The company will need to prove they have tried to recruit local people for the job by posting adverts, etc. but if you are being recruited for your language skills then of course that justifies you being hired. There are job scams, so don't give them money or pay anything or anyone in the process of getting hired and coming to work in Malaysia. Having said that, I think some employers expect you to pay to process your permit - and it can be reasonably expensive. So ask specifically about this, as it could be more than one months salary.

Thanks Gravitas, that was really helpful and well explained. You're right, have to be more cautious when it comes to entertaining job offers as there are a lot of scammers nowadays.

HI

I am Msian, when u gonna land in KL? My email is [email protected], do let me know how I can assist u in visa services. I run a student placement center in KL. You may view it at eec.com.my

[Moderated : Please avoid personal contacts on forum]