Moving to Mauritius and Full of Questions!

SO, I live and work overseas and after a short vacation come back to Kuwait and get the news that i'm moving to Mauritius. Only my deadline to move has been continually moved up. Now i'm finally down to 6 weeks, departure of July 18th.

I'm pretty well packed, but I have some loose ends and curiosities about Mauritius that I haven't really found solid answers to.....any help would be so much appreciated!

1. I have a pet cat here in Kuwait, his vaccines are up-to-date and I can easily obtain a travel certificate, but the 2 government e-mail addresses that I found have bounced and I can't find complete information on how to bring him with me! E-mail address: [email protected], [email protected]
I've tried both addresses and neither worked.

2. My Fiance and Father are coming with me and all 3 of us have no French knowledge whatsoever, we'd love to learn, but think a private tutor is best for us, anybody know anybody that teaches? (which leads me to my 3rd question)

3.We're looking at moving to Flic en Flac or Tamarin and are meeting with several different Realtors but are having trouble finding what we want, mainly a larger 4-bedroom min. house. Any suggestions on how to widen our search?

4. I'd love to learn how to surf, but I haven't found any information on surfing in Mauritius, i'm perplexed. Any information on this topic?

I think that's all for now! Like I said, a lot to cover, and i've found SOME information on all of it, but no complete answers. I just have a lot of loose ends to tie up before I got and very little time to spend searching for answers!

Hi and welcome on Expat.com in Mauritius :)

Regarding you cat and the Mauritian Vet services, you have the correct email (at least the second one is correct) but they are slow in responding to emails! When I moved from Saudi Arabia to Mauritius, I had to call them first to get answers,
so call Mr. T. Gunnes on +2304541016. This guy is efficient.

Cheers
Arlette

I will try again to e-mail them. Time was really my biggest concern. I will try and call the number you have provided. Thanks for the help!

Juli

Hey Jilu,

Welcome to Mauritius!!! Hope to see you and your family in one of our expat meet ups.

Cheers!!!
Terence

I'm sure once we're moved in and settled we'll find our way to one of the meet ups! Thank You for the invitation.

-Juli

Just keep an eye on the messages on top of the forum list, they usually always get pinned up! :up:

Just under 6 weeks to go, so i'll keep my eye on the meet ups and when we get settled i'll be sure to join in. Thanks!