Residence visa

Hi,
I am looking for some help.I have been back and forwards to Sri Lanka over the last couple of years and recently returned to UK after spending 4 months living with my boyfriend and his family in Colombo.
I really want to live and work over there as I have friends and love the way of life there.
I understand the visa process but find it quite complicated as to how to start.I have a friend who has said he may be able to employ me but he is not sure if he is a registered BOI company which would make it easier.
What I would like to know is what do I do first?Do I get the job offer sent to me then do I send the forms to the dept of immigration?
And how much would my future employer have to do?Anyone who can help point me in the right direction as to the first steps to take?
Many thanks

Hello,

As far as I know the easiest way (and the right one) is to get the hiring letter from employer and then contact the embassy in your country.

You should not come to Sri Lanka under a tourist visa as you would not be able to convert it to work permit once you are here.

Please read this :

Important
To obtain a Residence Visa, it is necessary to arrive in Sri Lanka on an Entry Visa issued by a Sri Lankan Mission abroad with the concurrence of the Controller General of Immigration and Emigration.  The fact that you wish to apply for Sri Lankan Residence Visa has to be mentioned when obtaining the entry visa and necessary supporting documents has to be submitted.

This is an extract from this page : http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index … 81&lang=en

A BOI company would help for sure but is not necessary normally.

Good luck!

Julien