Got admit into MSc in S.Energy Engineering programme at Reykjavik

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Iceland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Iceland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all.
I am Sumantra from India,
I am an electrical engineer by profession and I am planning to move to Iceland for masters degree in renewable energy systems. I got admit into MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering programme at Reykjavik University .

But at this point of time I am very confused.
I know iceland is a beautiful country but considering the huge tuition fee and cost of living, I don't know if it is worth it.
Hence, It will be extremely helpful if members from this forum can shed some light on issues like- quality of education and faculty at Reykjavik University , job prospects for engineer like me in power sector and any other advice you want to proffer.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Again nice to be at expat and hope to make a fruitful relation with all of you . 

With Warm regards,
Sumantra

neelsama wrote:

Hello all.
I am Sumantra from India,
I am an electrical engineer by profession and I am planning to move to Iceland for masters degree in renewable energy systems. I got admit into MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering programme at Reykjavik University .

But at this point of time I am very confused.
I know iceland is a beautiful country but considering the huge tuition fee and cost of living, I don't know if it is worth it.
Hence, It will be extremely helpful if members from this forum can shed some light on issues like- quality of education and faculty at Reykjavik University , job prospects for engineer like me in power sector and any other advice you want to proffer.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Again nice to be at expat and hope to make a fruitful relation with all of you . 

With Warm regards,
Sumantra

I know about RU mostly from the perspective of people I know who have worked/taught there. They were generally frustrated. The one student I know got his phd in association with another local institute, and it required a LOT of independent work and chasing after people. The second student I know doing the same program is probably going to give up. Generally, HÍ has a better reputation in the country than RU. The new RU school building is quite beautiful though.

as for job prospects, I've replied to several other threads asking about power sector and engineering here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=60854https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=230911https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228726

Hi Sumantra,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created with your post on the Reykjavik forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Sumantra dont be confused Okay!.

First of all University of Iceland does not request for Tuition Fee but you only register your course at the begining of the semester including your admision processing fee.
Bur i thing what you should be worried about is the Cost of Living & other Expenses.
;)