Teaching English in China

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are entertaining the idea of teaching English in China. We have experience teaching in Thailand and both have TESOL certifications. My questions are:

1. Should we go through a recruitment company and if so which company do you recommend?
2. What are the odds that we can get jobs at the same school?
3. What are some useful sites for finding jobs?

Thanks!

Hi, It is not difficult to find English teaching job in china. It also depends on your nationality and location in china, where you plan to shift in china (for for native speaker is quite easy). I will suggest do not stick to one school, i found they pay less. better to work with some coaching institute , who provides consultancy to various school. this kind of coaching institute pay on average RMB 180 per hour.
Better to directly approach rather than approaching recruitment agency.

some sites -
1) esljob.com.cn/
2)jobs.echinacities.com/
3)englishfirst.com/trt/teaching-jobs-in-china.html
4)eslcafe.com/jobs/china/

All the Best

Anant

oddyearstravel wrote:

1. Should we go through a recruitment company and if so which company do you recommend?

That's a great way to get royally screwed.  Agents don't care how many laws are broken or how quickly you get deported - as long as they make their money.

oddyearstravel wrote:

2. What are the odds that we can get jobs at the same school?

In a large school in a large city, 50/50.  In a tiny bushiban in a tiny village, 1/1000000.  Larger cities are probably the best way to stay together, even if you're at different schools.

oddyearstravel wrote:

3. What are some useful sites for finding jobs?

Google "teaching English in China" and you'll get a million sites, but you have to wade through the agents and crap.  Everyone I've ever known has said it's best to come here first and find a job by looking around and talking to the schools in person.