Get medical insurance

Living in Thailand Tip
Get medical insurance. If you have a motorcycle accident, you could easily run up a hospital bill of $10,000 or more. If you are older and have a heart attack, a stroke or damage your spine, it could well cost a lot more. Depending on your age, you can get covered for as little as $800 per year

I would agree totally.  As there are a lot of companies that sell expat insurance I haven't yet seen one that
only costs $800.00 a year.  My experience has been a cost of about $2600.00 a year.  Care to share what
company you deal with? I may be interested in checking it out.  It's a lot cheaper than what I am paying now.

thanks

I agree all so.

But many of the "cheap" insurance donŽt cover that good / much.
Many donŽt cover at all if one have some diseases all ready, and they donŽt cover follow illness from that and so on.

Be sure to read all the small print, all the option for the insurance company to NOT pay if XX and XX and so on.

But i all so like to see some more option about the $800,00 a year. So please give some more information.

I know many here pay more then 80.000 - 120.000 baht a year.

I was just looking into it today after hearing about International Medical Group from a previous poster. Their rates looked pretty good, especially for the Silver package, which is all I would probably get along with a hefty deductible. I don't care about the little visits to the doctor. I just would like something to cover me in case of a serious incident that required extensive medical treatment and care.