Jobs in Split for English National

I would love to move to Croatia. Just wondering how feasible it is. I have a Bachelors degree as well as work experience in a variety of industries including administration, clerical, retail, catering and hospitality. I speak fluent English and basic German and am currently undertaking Croatian lessons - although I'm a long way off fluent.

With Croatia joining the EU I understand I would not need a Visa with a British passport but I would literally work in any industry either seasonal or full-time. Is there any help once you get to Croatia or are you best trying to find something before you get there??

Help please!!

Hello :) Just for you to know, the unemployment rate in Split is extremely high and there are no jobs so if you do not find anything before your arrival I would not risk. The rent fee and utilities are quite high comparing with other European countries and the food is not cheap either. Moreover the number of working permits for foreigners even from EU are reduced so to find a legal job might be a challenge. No, you can't expect any help from locals with finding a job since they are looking for some by themselves. Croatia is a magic place for holidays but living here is quite a challenge unless you are a milliner or pensioner with the nice pension ;).

Maybe for the beginning you could try to find some all inclusive hotels and get a holiday job as an animator. In the past I saw few job offers like that. It would give you a chance to see how the things look like here :).

Any question feel free to ask,