My Concerns about job offer

Hi, I received a job offer from JAAABH a supermarket chain in Bahrain. just curious that if it is a scam or true because I received this offer through a recruitment company based in Singapore and its almost 2 1/2 months after i send all requested documents and still been told that wait. No Money is involved though yet.
It just come to my knowledge that this recruitment company has offered this to about 100 candidates as this is the clients JAAABH requirement because this Super market is going to start new business in GCC that's why they hired such a huge amount of peoples for the same job.And the job offer is normal with the benefits like salary+accommodation+Meals.

Well, having looked at their website, I can see they are predominantly advertising the fact that they are expanding in GCC. For the sheer volume of potential in GCC and for their industry, 100 people sounds about right.

My only concern is you say "no money is involved yet". I hope you don't mean they didn't ask any money from you yet, because no company should ask you for money if they are employing you - even if this is to get a visa. Any expenditure, including the visa processing fee, health checks etc. should be covered by your future employer. Some of them might ask you to pay and reimburse you when you get back, which is perfectly normal.

@ Nazdeek - its typical for a company to take its time processing (or making candidates wait) while they process the documents. However, there is no guarantee unless you already have your visa on hand. Either the company or the recruitment agency can cancel the requirement anytime. Also, do not pay anything unless you have your visa on hand and be sure to check the validity in LMRA website.

@ brightonguy - regarding the money, unfortunately, that is how it works. placement fee is what they call it and it is legal especially for Asian countries as this is how recruitment agencies make their profit. Some well-known companies do not let the agencies charge exorbitant amount while others simply do not care as long as they are provided the workers. You would be surprised (and not in a good way) at how this industry operates.

That is very sad to hear. As a British person, I would never pay anything to anyone to start a job. Companies should pay for it and that's how it works in Europe. Didn't know about the Asian countries so apologies for that :(

I too have heard of the manner in which recruitment companies in Asia work. Reputed recruiters do not charge anything from the potential employee but there are some that charge from both employers and employees.

In my opinion if ANY agency asks the potential employee for money then don't go with them, find another agency. A proper agency gets commission from the employer. Sounds very dodgy to me no matter what. Your whole future (and bank balance) relies on you making the right decision.

Easier said than done Josnuggles.
When people have not much of a choice anything is acceptable. And unscrupulous recruiters know this all too well. The sad part is those affected by these leeches are the unskilled and semi-skilled workers, who would do anything to get a job.

Paying recruitment agents is standard practice throughout much of Asia, particularly Indonesia and the Philippines. In contrast the fee the agents charge the employer are minuscule compared to what would be charged in Australia/USA - not sure about UK/Europe.

Josnuggles wrote:

In my opinion if ANY agency asks the potential employee for money then don't go with them, find another agency. A proper agency gets commission from the employer. Sounds very dodgy to me no matter what. Your whole future (and bank balance) relies on you making the right decision.

Most of the applicants are fresh grads or those with little experience or as Farhaz said, unskilled workers. Some of these people think they will not be able to land a good job without sacrificing something.

Also, as i mentioned, its legal and regulated. Although there are some agencies who does take money from the employers AND employees. They still do the job of deploying them but they do cheat in terms of moneymaking. They prey on the desperate people who're looking out to better their lives.

But also, you have to take note, that many companies (specially in the middle east) are not willing to pay for their employees since they are aware that these people pay for themselves to work for their company. Its a brutal cycle.

It's a nightmare, stealing from the poor. Try putting CV's live for potential employers to view on the likes of Total Jobs, Moster.com etc. A lot of people got their jobs that way (including semi skilled) as the employer or employee don't have to pay an agency.

Try contacting some agencies here rather than in your home country too. May save you some of your hard earnt cash

Hi All,

Interesting post on a growing problem which has gone global. There are an ever increasing number of job placement frauds each year and it's getting harder all the time to sort out the scams and frauds from genuine job offers.

Many of these scams target the most vulnerable, people who live in developing nations desparate for work and others in so-called developed nations who've lost jobs due to rapidly deteriorating economic conditions.

Even the fact that the offer may seem to come from a legitimate placement agency/immigration consultants, etc., (or claiming to be) this is no guarantee, since many nations don't have stringent controls in law to prevent abuses.

My post here is to alert about something that has not even been touched on in any of the replies. My main concern that the OP mentioned that he has already supplied all the "required documents". This is something I find alarming, why would one be required to supply documents of any kind before there is a concrete job offer? Many of these new frauds ARE NOT just geared to separating you from your hard earned cash for job offers that don't materialize. Lots of them are now really after just that kind of personal information that they can obtain from your documents.

It's called IDENTITY THEFT. Every time you give out information (especially photocopies) about your documents you put yourself at risk of having that information or document used for fraudulent purposes or counterfeited.

As yourself one question... Why would anyone have to send a so-called recruiter a copy of their passport, visa or anything else before there is a concrete job offer? It just doesn't make sense, that's something that usually is arranged after the job has been offered.

Another thing people fail to consider,..  how did they get the job offer and where did it come from in the first place? Many come in unsolicited e-mails, generally the first sign it's a fraud. They don't check to see that the domain name on the return e-mail address is the same as that of the real company. So they send off copies of official documents to recruitmentxyzcorporation[at]myfraudmail.com  when they should be looking for something like recruitment[at]xyzcorporation.com instead. Generally speaking you should steer clear of any that have hotmail, gmail and yahoo addresses because legitimate companies simply don't use them.

Just a thought!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Oh, and just think about the following situation.

You head off to the airport to catch your flight for that much deserved vacation skiing in the French Alps, or sunning yourself on the beach in Hawaii. You get to the immigrations security check at the airport hand over your passport and miss your vacation completely because your passport has been cloned and is on an international blocked list so you couldn't board your flight.

You wonder to yourself... "How could this have ever happened to me?" It's only then that you remember you sent a photocopy of your passport to try and get a job that never materialized several months earlier. Then you realize how very foolish a thing that was to have done!

Excellent points WJW and food for thought for anxious job seekers. With so many scams and frauds out there one has to be extremely careful before parting with personal information.

I know I am sometimes guilty of getting so excited at a new opportunity or deal I forget to slow down and ask myself the important questions.  These are all very good points - and while it is a shame to hear how people are scammed and treated, the problem seems to be getting worse with the expansion of social media.

Thanx to all for such a nice reply. But as of my check list the recruitment agency is registered in Singapore business list. Please follow.

*Boson Connect Pte Ltd
10 Bukit Batok, Crescent # 11-04, Spire, Singapore 658079
Tel: +65 3 1080255 Mon – Fri (9 am – 5pm Singapore Time)
Email: [email protected]

INCORPORATION: ACRA Registration #: 201310152M                                                                   
MANPOWER LICENSE: Ministry of Manpower License #: 13C6478*

Dear all My contact number is (Moderated: For security reasons, do not leave your phone number on the forum please) ,I have also applied for Sales Executive (indoorsales) through Bossonconnect.So if any one who would like to contact me call at this number.

Not a good idea to post your personal phone numbers online.

I am also one of the candidate for customer service associate position at JAAABH in liaison with bosonconnect. Please i humbly request to all of those who have any kind of information in regards to the whereabouts of both the companies Boson connect and JAAABH. As the wait is becoming excruciating for me. The security clearance process for this jon was completed last month and by now visa process should have been completed aswell but so far there is no reply from anywhere. Mine and everybody elses lives are stuck at a dead halt here. Kindly provide your valueable feedback if you have any on this matter
Regards

everyone. This JAAABH is a scam. Many people were hired from Pakistan and India. They were charged attestation fee of Rs. 12000 and their documents were also required.

Now it has been confirmed that the hiring company Boson Connect singapore is a fraud and JAAABH and Boson Connect have disappeared.
Please people in Bahrain do take notice of this and report to Bahrain giovernment.
JAAA is a supermarket chain.
jaaabh.com

Thanks for the update Zakaria Samuel. I am sure your post will be useful to warn everyone about this matter.

Unfortunately only those directly affected by a scam or fraud can report the matter to Bahrain authorities. And even if we did, I am not sure how Bahrain authorities can do anything about an outfit with a registered office in Singapore.

THANKS Farhaz. Please can you confirm that is there any Supermarket called JAAABH in Manama which is opening?
According to our research there is a company in Manama. They do not reply to emails and do not pick calls.

Hi Zakaria
There is a discussion on the same supermarket chain here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=368172

Thought you may be interested to take a look and participate.

thanks bro

I have job offer latter from jaaabh.com, super market in Bahrain, 06 march but no vissa get yet what should I do...