Visa advice from Vietnamese or UK Expats

Hi.

I am looking to get some advice from Vietnamese who have visited the UK, or UK expats who have been through the process of helping Vietnamese get a UK visit visa.

I was looking for advice on trying to get my friend a visit visa for the UK and was wondering if anyone has experience or advice on this subject please?  We are trying to get a 2 week holiday visa arranged for the UK for this summer.

Here is some info about my friend  -
•    She has a passport for about 18 months, but has never had any foreign travel.
•    She has strong links to Viet Nam which should help prove she is not a flight risk.
•    All her family live in VN and has no other friends or family in the UK
•    She has a job with foreign venture capital company, which she will return to.
•    She has just completed a University course, and currently attending other college course for advanced Japanese, which she will return to.
•    My friend and I have known each other for over 3 years and I have been to Viet Nam 8 times.

Some questions I was looking for advice on please –

•    Do we stand a better chance going through an agency to get the Visa? (or are they a rip off?, I hear using an agency is like giving someone your watch and paying  them to tell you the time.)
•    If an agency is the best option, does anyone know of a good agent, and how much they will cost?
•    Does she need to provide enough evidence that she will return to VN after her visit to the UK? Such as details of her employment , cash in bank account etc?
•    If cash in the bank is required, then how much is needed?
•    Is there a greater chance of being given a Visa if she has travelled to other countries previously?
•    If previous foreign travel is required, will a short trip to Singapore and Thailand be enough?
•    As my friend will be visiting me in the UK, do I need to provide my details to help support the application? Evidence of our relationship etc
•    Do I need to write a letter to sponsor her? Provide details that I can financially support her while she is on holiday in the UK? (none of this is a problem as I am in full time employment in a senior position and have significant funds in my bank account)
Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

FC

Hi, I'd gladly love to help. But kind of busy now, couldn't focus to write, would you mind telling your friend to contact me, then I can give her some useful website, link, procedure to apply? send me private message, I will give my email address.
I applied to get Schengen Visa at French Consulate successfully, last year. but heard that UK and Germany would be hard to get a visa, well, at least give it a try. you will meet your friend soon, ^_^ good luck.

Hi.Thanks for your advice.  :top: