How to transfer money from american bank to vietnamese bank quickly

I am now living in Nha Trang city. I have problem about transfering money from American bank to Vietnamese bank, exactly in VCB in Nha Trang. I open have to go to Saigon to get money in steads of in Nha trang. Who know the best way please share to me. Thank u.

lamhoang wrote:

I am now living in Nha Trang city. I have problem about transfering money from American bank to Vietnamese bank, exactly in VCB in Nha Trang. I open have to go to Saigon to get money in steads of in Nha trang. Who know the best way please share to me. Thank u.

Wells Fargo has a money transfer service that is relatively inexpensive. They transfer to VCB and VietinBank.

Telegraphic Transfer is easy, I've done it a couple of times.

Transferring money out of Vietnam is a giant pain, so I suggest you only bring what you need

go to western union web site:
create a account, make a transfer up  to 2,900.00 USD
pay by: register your checking account (routing number and account number)  or use pay your bill feature from your bank to western union.

Get cash in USD at any western union in VN for only 5$ fee.

Western Union is too expensive.  I have a Wells Fargo account and set up transfers with my fiance in Viet Nam to Vietin bank.  It was a $5 fee in the US for any amount and she received USD at her bank without paying any fees.  Very fast, maybe 1 day.

Hi Hoang

As far as I know the money has to come from an employer or something similar, anyway they want proof of where the money has come from. I had trouble at first with Vietcombank until I could prove that my wages were sent to my UK account before I transferred money to my Vietnamese account.

I've wired money to my wife's usd account at Vietcombank via SWIFT with no issues and it is a lot cheaper than using an ATM