Malaysian PR

Hi,
What is the procedure n rules for a foreigner to get PR in Malaysia  beside getting marry.
Let's discuss the rules n local practice how people follow to complete formalities.

Its only available to major, multimillion RM investors, or people who are highly qualified and have or can contributed in some major way to the country's economic or other success, or to spouses of Malaysians.

PR in Malaysia

So Gravitas,
It has no more connection with living for 5 years in Malaysia as shown in many websites?
I know many people who are not multimillion man n neither highly qualified but they have Malaysian passport, so how they got it.

Ask Them

Perhaps find ind an older less attractive local woman and marry her, then after you get the PR .......

cool
so that is the only and easy way.

I guess it depends how desperate you are  :D

hahaha, you made me to laugh.
thanks.
well, personally i am not, i put this on the forum just to get the information. it came in my mind because if someone who lives for years in a country but with no rights being an expat, it does not make scene.
I been living in Dubai by 9 years and i know we are here FOREVER expats because middle east has these rules but beside middle east, i believe people get their rights after living such a long period.

Actually I don't know the rules here in Malaysia. I have MM2H because I have a family so it's easy but for PR and other types of visa I don't realy follow. Probably Nemodot or Gravitas will know the answers.

I wish people would stop making daft comparisons. Dubai is a country where the locals don't want to work hard and have lots of oil money so many expat jobs. Malaysia is totally different.

Most likely why some people got Malaysian passports is.....wait for it.....

THEY ARE MALAYSIAN!

How to get PR in Malaysia:

1. Be a billionaire
2. Marry a local wait 10-15 years and hope for the best
3. Find a Unicorn and ride it to the end of the rainbow and collect a thousand mosquito hearts

3. is recommended  :dumbom:

Actually to be honest, I don't really understand why so many people want to come to live in Malaysia. I think it's ok for medical treatment and shopping, but not much else.

:offtopic:

awesome string of replies. I'm getting a flavor of the country from this blog!

It's true that many parts are run down and shabby and the littering has to seen to be believed. Public transport needs to be further improved because there are too many cars on the roads and many of them are probably not even road worthy. There are pockets of extreme wealth, foreign wealth and middle/low income. To top it all off, it seems that Sabah and Sarawak are getting tired of being the providers of oil wealth but not receiving enough of it reinvested there.  Happy days. Malaysian politics is well worth following, because its all about a battle of wills and fights between individuals. A bit like Dallas or something similar.

MikeWallace77 wrote:

Actually to be honest, I don't really understand why so many people want to come to live in Malaysia. I think it's ok for medical treatment and shopping, but not much else.

They come for the fresh air :blink:

There is lots of info on the internet if you do the research. Look at Malaysia Immigration website for information:

Eligibility requirements for Permanent Residence Status applicants:

High net worth individuals, who have a minimum of US$ 2 million Fixed Deposit in a Malaysian bank. This should remain in the bank for a period of five years. The individual and their spouse and children may seek permanent resident status after five years' stay in Malaysia. Applications should be submitted to the Immigration Department
Highly talented and highly skilled individuals, who are considered "world class" by any international organisation and who are recommended by an organisation. To apply for permanent residency in this category, applicants must submit a Good Conduct report from their home country that should be submitted with their application to the Immigration Department
Professionals, who are considered to have outstanding skills may apply for permanent residency. Applicants must be recommended by a relevant agency in Malaysia and submit a Good Conduct report from their home country. Applications should be submitted to the Immigration Department
Spouse of a Malaysian Citizen may apply for permanent residency if married to a Malaysian citizen for a minimum period of five years. The spouse must also have stayed in Malaysia for five years. The applicant should already have a Long Term Visit Pass and have one Malaysian sponsor. Applications should be made to the Immigration Department
The Points Based System is another way of applying for permanent residency. The minimum number of points required to apply for permanent residence status is 65 points out of 120. Applicants are also required to have one Malaysian sponsor and submit a Good Conduct report from their home country. Applications should be made to the Immigration Department

Baloushi - now you have it in stereo. Just bear in mind that immigration are working their way through illegals in Malaysia.  33 are just about to be surprised when their passports are handed back to them by the police and not a crooked agent. Another 20 today in Kedah, as well.

Returning experts btw who are Malaysian can get PR for spouses. Met one who did.