Family life in Jubail

Dear All

We are Turkish family living in Dubai since last 2 years. I am about to be offered  GM role in a petrochemical company in Al jubail  and may consider to move there. Although, I know some about life in KSA, we will appreciate your kind advise about following points.

1. Which compounds are the best in terms of houses,facilities,amenities, activities etc... All in all , as modern as possible. I am actually looking for 3 or 4 bed villa in a nice compound where my wife and 7 years of daughter may enjoy with activities as well as socialize with other expatriates families like here in Dubai. Any idea about average annual rent amount in those compounds suggested?

2. My daughter goes to international school here with IB curriculum. She is at grade 1. Which schools are the best and preferred by British or American expats parents in Al jubail ? Any idea about cost of tuition and fees for 2014.  ?

3. How is social life outside of compound ? What EU/US expatriate families do usually during weekends ?

4. What can you say about healthcare system and hospitals there ? Which one is preferred by expatriate families mainly for pediatric cases.

5. Finally, shopping...that's what we will really miss I believe.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Mr._____(there is no name)

1. There are many compounds in Jubail starting from 35000SAR/yr to 200,000SAR / year and so its purely based on your benfits you get or your decision. The descent ones start from 100,000SAR and above per year.
2.  In Jubail, there are quite good schools including British School. You have some choices to choose (not so worst)
3. Jubail is a Industrial city and so when you come out of compound to the town, you'll come across a lot of technical employees only and not a kind of high fi environment. Basically Jubail has a downtown crowded with bachelors and then an area called Sanea "Fanatheer" which is a good, neat and high fi township with Malls and other joints attached to Corniche. The EU/US families either socilaize within the compound or travel to Bahrain (2 hrs drive) to spend their time sans local law restrictions.
4. Although there are two good hospitals (AlMana, AlMouwasat), we cannot conclude they are "The Best". You may need to travel 120kms to Khobar to reach a Hifi hospital. However, the above two hospitals meets the requirements in a good manner including Gynec.
5. Shopping is available at Sanea (Al Fanatheer area) but not as large as Dubai. Again, you'll have to travel to Khobar to meet some big Malls (120kms) and thats what everyone does here.

Hope I have answered your queries a little up to your expectation. All the Best!
(Note: Would appreciate giving your name atleast for the sake of communication).

Hello there..
my name is Sarah, im saudi and id be happy to get to know your family :)

regards,
Sarah

Madam,

Please do not post your mobile number in the main forum. TQ