I want to relocate to HCMC

Hello,
I want to relocate to HCMC.
Can you let me know which apartments are available and the renting prices, and also the additional costs if there are like service costs and so on.Can you also sent me the renting terms and conditions please?
Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Menno,
I think that you mean Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. If that's the case I would suggest you post again in the Vietnam forum on this site: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=219

Good Luck!

Hi Menno ,

Please note that your topic has been moved to the Ho Chi Minh City forum as you will obtain further responses according to your subject here. :)

Do note that there is a complete list of apartments on rent in the Flats for rent in Ho Chi Minh City section and you can also see their renting prices.

These two articles below provide also useful information:
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh
- Accommodation in Vietnam

@ Gary > Thank you for your help here and yes Menno meant Ho Chi Minh City when he said HCMC ;).

Priscilla
Expat.com team

If your wife is VN get her to look up VN rental sites, its cheaper there then renting through agencies that deal with expats.

Do you have any idea about where in HCMC you want to live? you want to rent a private house or an apartment? Pls write to me your requirement and I'll try my best to help you find a place for free.

Vanh are you going to look on expat sites or VN sites and are you a broker.

Rental cost depends on the location and facility of the apartments. About the rental agreement, it's according to the law and the conditions of the parties. Most landlords prefer a refundable deposit of 1 month to 3 months rental cost. In addition to that you should pay the electricity, parking, water and management fee. Depends on apartments it may vary. You should better instruct your wife to find out one suitable as per your needs and budget. :)

I'm not a broker

what VN rental sites do you mean?

Get your wife to type what your looking for in Vietnamese

Conic Apartments. Full furniture, lots of foreigners, comfortable, has everything for life, new, swimming pool, 24/7 security, etc. I live there for 5 years already. Price from 230usd. Please contact me for more information if interested [email protected]

Is that the Conic apartments that is at the back of D8 on the road to Binh Chanh if so there is nothing out there, thats why they have trouble renting the places out.

Not true. No trouble. And there are other apartments around. When did you visit it the last time?
Gym, tennis, pool, billiard, a lot of coffeshops, kindergartens, restaurants, international school, supermarkets, beauty salons, etc. 7 min from RMIT university, 10 min from Phu My Hung.

Let me guess, your a rental agent.

Haiz.... what rental agent... @@ Come on, why you are so pessimistic. Everyone are brokers in your eyes and want to make money on you? I know my area, ok? If I were a rental agent, I would post a nicer adv with some pictures lol
If you have free time, I can invite you to my house for coffee on weekends. May be too long you didn't go around the city. :)

Im pessimistic due to the fact that so many agents come on here as if they are wanting to help out of the goodness of their heart.

go check it out before u judge,  do not assume anything.  when u assume u are making an ass of u and me

The me bit, referring to you is correct.

Do you know how this agency is performing? 123nhadat.vn/

Hey guy, Brokers find houses, apartments for us with no cost, aren't they? Why are you so serious that "He is Broker" or not?
I'm a broker, helping people find a good apartments is my pleasure and it's all free! Sometime, a bad broker give you wrong information, waste your time, but anything can happen in real life, good or bad things,  it's not the same. You have to admit it.

Hi!
Let's stop arguing! Focus on the topic!
Just remember, we don't pay for the brokers. The rule is the house owner pay for them if we rent the house. If any broker ask you to pay any fee before/after renting a place, let's forget him/her.

I'm going to sign a rental contract this weekend after more than 3 months looking for a place to stay. A lot of time, a lot of money to call/go visit places,... But it's not a waste of time and money! Cause now most of the brokers know me (LOL) and I know many interesting things about renting a house, how to choose it precisely, know more about my huge city. Eventually, I don't waste my time running to a place because after a broker tole me the name of that place/complex, I know where is is, what it has, how the neighborhood, etc....

Just a small sharing with you. Have a good night, everyone!

Ok, its not an argument, its a debate.

C'mon! It doesn't seem like a debate the way you are criticizing other people for what they're doing. You have reason to do/think your things, they have also.
Let's focus on helping Menno!

I'm not a broker, but I have 2 housing ads (and 1 offering job ads, too). I posted because I know somebody might want to share it with me, might need a place to stay and I want to help myself saving money while sharing house with good people, too.

And you know what, I'm almost cheated by some people (foreigners). And some of my foreign friends been cheated, that's why I wanna help others as a Vietnamese.
There're bad and good people everywhere. Don't judge!

Who made you the forum police,you havnt been here long enough to know how brokers work on here.

:) No more talk to people like you. Keep on & have fun debating yourself!

When you understand English better, do come back.

Hi Menno,
Most of ads are from brokers, if not all of them, except for very few.
However, the commission is not the problem cause remember the rule: we don't pay them (no matter we rent or not), the house owner pays them if we rent the house. The problem is that it costs you a lot of time reading, choosing, calling, texting, making appointments, going to the site,...
Btw, you can read Vietnamese? If you can, I'll give you some websites to look for by yourself and show you how to search through them.

Let's open other topic to discuss about "Brokers in HCMC", please end up here ! We r out of this topic!

I see no point doing that. Just focus on what you're doing! We don't bark and can't bark at every dogs barking at us on the street.
Each of us don't have much time to waste. Anw, it's just my opinion. Do what you want!
Nice nite!

Hi All,

Can we please go back to the inital title of this discussion which is I want to relocate to HCMC and try not to be off topic again?

Thank you,

Hasnaa

I'm the owner not broker, my room ( fully funished, comfortable and safe...) will be available on 5-Apr. Leave a message if you are interested in, I will call you back

colinoscapee wrote:

When you understand English better, do come back.

There are many expats here with english as their second language should they come back when they have a firm grasp?

Well if you cant understand the basics then yes,it is an English language forum. I have no problem with people with limited English, but I do when they start to rant and state things that just never happened.

If you don't have a particular need to live in Saigon I'd look elsewhere.  It's crowded and polluted as hell and many parts of the city look like people living in a dump.  The motorbike traffic is perilous and just look at the wires overhead.

The honking will leave you deaf and the smoke & exhaust will take years off your life.

When and if I move back to Saigon I like to live in the outer areas whe its not as built up. Places like Tan Phu,D12,Go Vap,Hoc Mon. As Permalurker said, the traffic and horn honking can really piss you off at times.

PermaLurker wrote:

If you don't have a particular need to live in Saigon I'd look elsewhere.  It's crowded and polluted as hell and many parts of the city look like people living in a dump.  The motorbike traffic is perilous and just look at the wires overhead.

The honking will leave you deaf and the smoke & exhaust will take years off your life.

Might have been a while since you were last in HCM. Or you may live in an unmodified area.
The last 2 years at least has seen a dramatic improvement of the visual birds nest of electrical wires on street poles.
Seems they had a NGO grant perhaps and now the sloppy loose wiring is contained in metal hoops.