New to Gozo

Morning
new to this site and new to Gozo. Moved here last month with husband and rented a flat in Nadur. Middle age with grown up sons.
Jacqueline

welcome to both rocks

Merħba Inca. Did you enjoy the carnival and the invasion?  :)

Hello Jacqueline,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For better visibility,  a new discussion was created using your post on the Malta forum.

How do you find life in Gozo? Was it easy to settle down?

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Did enjoy the carnival, lot smaller than us to but still good fun.

Still learning my way around but neighbours have been very helpful, and local shop has given me a loyalty card!

Hi Jacqueline, hope your settled in ok, I've just arrived in Marsalfone and am looking for a flat to rent how's it going for you.
Valerie

Hi Valerie

Mostly good.  Beginning to get to know people and the area.  Most people very friendly.

i found flat through agent, and would recommend getting help, if you know what you are looking for. 

What are you staying in now? 

Jacqueline

hi Jacqueline,
I've been staying at the Lantern Guest House, everyone's been really friendly.  Have found an apartment not far from The Horizon restaurant just before the salt pans sorry can't remember the name of the road.  Enjoying my stay at the moment I have family over on holiday until beginning June the testing time will come when they go back to UK.  But I love Gozo and have loads to do.

Regards
Valerie

Hi Valerie
Think I know roughly where you are as stay near there last year on holiday. 

I note that you have family with you until June, so how about meeting up in Victoria for coffee after then? 

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline, that would be lovely thanks my brother is here at the moment until end of May.  So Begining of June would be good.

Regards
Valerie

Hi Valerie

How about Tuesday the 3rd June?

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline hope all is well.  Would you like to meet up for a coffee this week?  My brother is leaving tomorrow and so Tuesday , would be really good for me would you like to meet in Victoria.  Am still waiting for my internet to be connected so hopefully will be connected tomorrow.  I will check online tomorrow but I can be contacted on 07971629948 thanks look forward to meeting you.

Hi Valerie

Tuesday would be good for me.  What about meeting at the bus station.  I have looked at the time table and your bus gets in at 10.46 am and mine at 10.55 am.

I take it your phone number is an UK mobile phone?  I expect you are busy with your brother today so I phone tomorrow.

Jacqueline