Do you need information on Las Tablas?

Hello all.  I have lived in the Las Tablas area for the last 5 years.  This area is quaint and quiet and safe, although very hot.  My name is Glen, retired.  If anyone needs information on this area I will do my best to answer questions.  This area is a good place to check out as a retirement option for those who would like to move to Panama and need a good, safe place to get started.  There are other Americans and Canadians etc who live in this area but not that many.  This area is still affordable although we do have inflation here.  Las Tablas is kind of a jewel in the rough in Panama.  Quiet, inexpensive, and most importantly, safe.  There are many areas in Panama  that do not offer these 3 very important features so Las Tablas is a place to at least consider.  I am also almost finished building a 2 bedroom 1 bath house in a very picturesque barrio about 3 miles outside of town that I would be glad to show anyone who might need a house to  rent at a very reasonable price.  At any rate, no matter what I can be contacted and I will do my best to answer questions about Las Tablas.  I can also be contacted.

I spent 2 weeks there 2 years ago, I saw no gringos there but found it a very sweet pretty place. A taxi driver took me under his wing and was a great resource. I enjoyed uverito beach greatly. I would love to be there during carnival!

Hello Candi B,

Even though this thread is inactive and the OP might not read your response, thanks a lot for sharing your experience with the community  ;)

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com