Maintaining funds for Greencard application

Hello Expats,

I am Harshith Bhat from Bangalore, India.
I just applied for the Green card work Visa for Denmark today and submitted a copy of all my documents as per the requirements in the NYIDENMARK.DK website.

I had a query with regards to the funds to be shown in the account.
Although I have demonstrated that I posses the required amount (77,000 odd DKK as I am single individual above 25 yrs) in the form of a letter in the Bank letter head signed by the Branch manager, is it required to maintain the funds till I receive the visa?
Nowhere in the website it is mentioned that I need to maintain the funds for a minimum period of time, therefore, I am removing the funds from my bank account.

Will this affect my background check?
It is to be noted that as on 24th Feb, the day I applied for visa, the funds are there in my account and this verification will check out perfectly fine.

Please provide your valuable feedback.
I would really appreciate a response from you people.

Looking forward to your response.
Cheers,
Harshith

Hello Harshit,

Do you have any verification like Call / Mail to the Bank Manager after submit the GC Application?
If Yes you can remove your funds from the bank.

Hi Shreenath,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I applied for visa only today. So I am sure none of the verification processes have started yet.

Even when they have, I am not sure I will come to know when the background verification is being done.

My query was, since the visa requirement does not say that I have to hold the funds till I get my visa, is it not enough if I show the funds, get a valid document from the bank and then take out the funds as soon as I apply?

Hi Harshit,

The bank verification they will do sometimes, We don't know exactly when they were do that process.  After the verification of Funds and Employer. We will get the letter from the Denmark embassy. After that we will release the funds.

Hi Harshith,
I believe you should eep till u r not getting ur visa done. Its safe side alo , they may verify bankaccount at any point of time.

Hi there harshith you need to show them your bank balance till you receive the visa, they may call/not we don't know but  as per the visa rule u need to show the funds till you receive a positive letter from the embassy cheers :)

Thanks for the response guys.
I am still skeptical as in the nyidenmark website, they don't specify 'maintain funds' for this much period of time.
And Rs. 8-10 lacs is not a small amount, keeping it simply in the account without proper returns (from a business point of view) is making me think otherwise.

even for me iam waiting for six month still yet not get any approval i was maintain 8 lakhs i don't know how long should i keep in my account

can you share your contact details? ..I live in chennai and I want to apply GC this months...byee

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own security, please exchange your details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

based on visa guidlines you need to mainatain more than 12laks...please correct me if i am wrong

[Moderated by EB Team: For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum ]

dear muthu...

thanks for your reply...I was not able to see you contact detail thr this web site....

I want to know if I maintain fixed deposite in my account is acceptable?....or literally just we have to maintain the amount in the saving account?...kindly advise me if you have some experience...

also let me know why your application is delayed so long? is there any problem? thanks for your reply

jeeva

Dear  jeeva

nothing big issue in maintaining the funds in your account. is not matter fixed or savings only we have to show the statement from the bank manager letter head with the stamp of bank seal .where you have slump of money . .

we don't know wats the current status still we waiting for the approval.almost six months is over.

actually process time is 6 to 8 months .if your document is clear you will get with in a period of 4 months