Salary good enough for family of 3?

Hello,

my company wants to send me to SGP for the next 3 years.

the will pay for apartment (up to 6000SD), health insurance and kindergarten for our son.

my salary will be between 4500 to 5000SD.

Is it enough to have a comfortable life in SGP?

Thanks to all!

With the biggest single item, accommodation, taken care of (for S$6000/month you can easily find a nice apartment in a good location), the rest should be sufficient for a family of three - unless you have a lavish lifestyle or expect to have a maid and car.

Singapore is expensive - as previously said  if you don't have a car or a maid , eat from local markets and hawker centres and don't have the need to travel frequently back to home country - that amount provides a  modest lifestyle.  it probably depends on your individual expectations/ experiences.  Ensure that your health Insurance is comprehensive as cost of medical care could be crippling if not properly covered.  Would also suggest that you establish what happens when your child is of school age - as it depends if your child goes to local school or international school ( up to 35,000 SGD a year!!!!) and also the depends on how long you are staying here-  Good Luck