Planning to Move to KL

Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I just like to make sure we have the best chance of success. Just hope that companies will still consider giving me a job offer even though I don't have the LTSVP yet right before I go to Malaysia. I'll start upgrading my skills and networking to maximize my chances when the time comes to make the big move.

You can just explain your situation in job applications and put them at ease with the fact they wont have to offer you an employment visa and all the hassle that goes along with it of creating an expatriate post, etc. Everyone will understand that you have to be in Malaysia to get your LTSV pass.

Employers are only actually interested in the skills that they need and whether you have experience which will give them the commercial edge. If people like you or the sound of you, they will reach out - that is why an upbeat, positive attitude, a very good CV, and lots of networking are all so important.

Don't let them think you are worried, or they will pick up on your insecurity and it's contagious. Here's a story: I once changed my password, which I typed into my computer many times a day, to two words = the place I wanted to be in and the month I wanted to arrive. Lots of things had to fall into place for this to happen, and many were out of my control.  Silly or not, I achieved exactly what I wanted - because my mind was focused and energized on my goal. It also happened a second time I used the same strategy.

I know this is an old thread, but to add to nemodot's banana effect - it only happens if someone is married into a family that isn't 'english speaking'. Usually from a family that's not from the city or chinese educated. Then there are cases where Chinese are actually mixed heritage e.g. the 'peranakan chinese' who typically speaks mainly english with pidgin Malay (a mix of chinese dialect and malay). They are kinda similar to the Métis in Canada.