Saudi - medical and visa

Hi all, following a formal job offer, The HR dept from the company I am going to work for in Riyadh have advised me I need to have my medical now, prior to visa application but havent advised me of how this process should work. I have found a company in London,(Harley st.) who will do it and process the visa but I'm thinking shouldnt they initiate this and pay for it ? Is that most people's experience ?

Johnny,

If you mean the medical tests that are required for the visa approval, it doesn't have to be initiated by the company, you just have to make sure that the hospital which will do the tests is accepted by the KSA embassy, they usually have a list of accepted hospitals, and as for the cost, the company has to pay for it, however some of them don't pay it in advance, they will pay it back to you as soon as you arrive to KSA, still it's better to ask them about it.

Hope that helps :)

Ok, good to know, thanks MadMaz, I will be chasing them up about it on Saturday.

AND they should be paying the guy who processes the visa, too.  In my case, they put me in touch with a guy in DC. I'd gotten everything together, fed'exed to him, and he went to the KSA embassy (several times lol).

Good luck!

I used Harley medical medical and visa.

Ian Palmer

Harley Medical and Visa Services Limited

15 Harley Street

LONDON

W1G 9QQ

Reg No: 6596991 (UK)

Tel: +44 (0) 207 636 7333

Fax: +44 (0) 207 636 7373

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.harleymedvisa.co.uk

All forms and medical, chest xray completed in 1 day and I had my passport back with visa in within 3 working days.

I had to pay for it and then claim it back, its the fastest way as most companies take a week to issue and approve a purchase order :).

I work in olaya, give me a shout when you get here.

Ok will do, thanks Nelson

Kudos to Nelson17 for an exceptionally informative and helpful post.

Well done, mate.

Spot on Nelson :)

That's the perfect answer to Johnny's question

Thanks for making time to post the details

:cool:

Finally made it here and hoteling it in Olaya for the moment, nearly got run over on Olaya Sreet already this evening and had my first visit to a Mall - Al Faisaliah. Enjoying it so far. Bring on 50deg C. Nelson, I'm sending you a PM, cheers.

Welcome, Johnny.  Glad to see you arrived and all is well with you.

Enjoy the settling in...watch out crossing the street.

Sometimes people hire a taxi to cross the street!! :lol:

I did it, to get from Kingdom to Carfourre!

In KSA, the streets are not meant for crossing......

If you have to, only cross at traffic lights after they have turned red and all the cars have stopped. Important note there. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought we are allowed 30 seconds after the light turns red???

go go go

30 seconds on which system? decimal,binary, hex or camel?

they say that the fastest time possible on earth is the time that it takes to hit the gas when the traffic light changes from red to amber

but here light changes from red to green directly...
so, ... u know wat....the funniest thing i see here is the way people honk as soon as the light turns green. they think the car in front will vanish as soon as the light is green

horns were made for honking, i guess?

but, i still cant fathom why the manufacturers fix side view mirrors for cars that are shipped to the middle east. an absolute  waste of money, effort and time...why does anyone here need those  mirrors when they are certainly fixed about moving to the next lane which they all own?

We're on our way to Harley Street to have our medical done. Fingers crossed!

Good Luck. Should be a piece of cake. See you guys here soon.