Travel advice to Oman

I  need to travel to Oman in mid Feb for an assignment of 9-12 mnths. The place of  work is Sur. The company has  offered a monthly salary of 1650 OR. Let me know  whether its  sufficient  to lead  a comfortable life. I lov e travelling and  want to explore places. Can somebody help me  with the expenses 7 also how  to find  a 1 bhk or studio appartment or  even on sharing basis.

The salary offered would be much more than sufficient for a bachelor.

However be aware that choices of houses and entertainment options would be very limited in Sur, as Sur is a little quaint and laidback like most interiors are.

You may have to visit Muscat, or better still cross the border to Dubai, if you are a serious fun seeker.

Thanks a lot...

welcome to oman i think salary is very good also surely u will enjoy the place . It is small place but for new comer always  there are many things to explore  and u can visit dubai. Your one year will pass without any problem. You CAN VISIT MUSCAT ALSO ON WEEKENDS . i AM FREQUENT TRAVLLER FROM OMAN TO OTHER COUNTRIES . [Moderated: no phone number on the forum pls]
MOTIANI