Preparation of June Expat Blog Meet up

Friends,

Its time again this month when we can all meet and have fun. Event held this month is special as this will the last meet for Arlette as she will be leaving Mauritius and going to Dubai. I request each and every one to attend this event and make it special for Arlette.

There has been a lot of recomendations to have the event this month in Domanine Ana restuarant in Flic n Flac. We are still in process of getting the best rate as we are expecting a crowd more than 75 this time.

We will inform in the next couple of days if the event will be lunch or dinner in Domaine Ana. Your valuable opinion too will be appreciated. Please make it a point to make it for this event and you can PM your names for participation to Arlette.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi Terrance,

I am looking forward to the event! I had one suggestion on place.. Maybe we could look at Ile Aux Cerf (island of Deers, off Flacq).. I went there recently and found it to be great.!

Hi Musheer,

We have finalized the date but not the event. We are still open to suggestions. Our crowd expected is 75+ , I think Domanine Ana need 100+ crowd to reserve the place. Any suggestions that will not split the group is welcome.

musheer wrote:

Hi Terrance,

I am looking forward to the event! I had one suggestion on place.. Maybe we could look at Ile Aux Cerf (island of Deers, off Flacq).. I went there recently and found it to be great.!

Domaine Anna is a great idea and will be a good send-off for Arlette.  I'm in.

Agree with Alta!!! We need a proper send off for Arlette!!!!!!!!

terence wrote:

Event held this month is special as this will the last meet for Arlette as she will be leaving Mauritius and going to Dubai. I request each and every one to attend this event and make it special for Arlette.

No no no, this is too much confusing for me :shy, my friends (oh! and by the way Christina is leaving with me! :D:D

But Terence forgot to tell you 26th is also his birthday:whistle:!

terence wrote:

I think Domanine Ana need 100+ crowd to reserve the place.

This has been confirmed today. Sekoia & me have another suggestion but still are waiting for quotation and details. So I'll come back on that hopefully tomorrow.

-> Musheer, Ile aux Cerfs is a good idea but don't forget that you depend on the boat schedules to go back on land... Might be a problem if some individuals want to leave early or late, depends on the fun they have!

Let's save Musheer's suggestion for another time as it is a good one.

I m inn but I am vegetarian ;-) m not sure this place has veg food or not ??? I have nevr been there

Hey guys :)

The Ile Aux Cerfs Ida was to just get evry1 into the mix :)
I've been to Domaine Anna a couple of times and its a gr8 place..
They have live music too, which should be nice :D
I think its a gr8 place for a send off for Arlette!!! She's been absolutely wonderful!! :D
With regards to 100+ in Domaine Anna, guess this is wen we get to see how many Expats are active and how well con"nected" we all are :D
We should, if possible, (cud some1 check with Julien and/or other Admins) send out emails to the Mauritius expat members on the meet. Its possible some of them dont visit t blog often , or dont look at t forums often n might want to join us!! wat say??

@ Vishal- don worry, U get Vegetarian there.. and it is goood too :P

musheer wrote:

We should, if possible, (cud some1 check with Julien and/or other Admins) send out emails to the Mauritius expat members on the meet. Its possible some of them dont visit t blog often , or dont look at t forums often n might want to join us!! wat say??

It's a good idea Musheer!
But to get this going (the mailing) we first have to decide on the location! than I can ask Julien to get it rolling if possible.

We did it for the Isla Mauritia!

Regarding Domain Anna:

- the setting looks very nice.
- but the prices announced are without aperitive and desert.

OK guys,
Here is an alternative to Domain Anna (suggested by Sekoia on the French Forum)

Hotel Tamarin

Special Aperitive bar Expat.com
Ti Punch & Soft
Chicken nuggets (croquettes)
Fish nuggets (croquette)
mini pizza

Buffet BBQ grills
(Rest assured, Vishal, there will be veggies too!)

Desert
4 large cakes

Musical Entertainment
Funky Jazz Quintet (Clifford Boncoeur) (guitar player of Menwar) + Cyril saxo (KGB) + Dany percu

Total: 900 Rs per person (50% for children under 12)

Optional they propose a "Drink formula": 150 Rs per person including 1/1 bottle water + 1/4 wine cuvee Tamarin + coffee + 1 rhum

Tara knows very well the hotel and the team.
There's always apparently very nice atmosphere.
It's the meeting point for the musicians, so we could expect very nice musical surprises... but shhhhhhhh it's a secret!

Sekoia has taken an option on the booking (it's only an option)... but the soonest we decide, the better!

Thanks Arlette,
Sounds like a good deal and fun, I suggest we go for it. Let us know the timings so that we can start taking a count.
Count me in Terence+4 (2 guest arriving from Dubai)
Julian,
Kindly send the message to all the members so that they can PM Arlette their names.

OK let's make it rolling...

If you agree, as I told you in my PM, I'll start a new topic as this one gets confusing!

Give me a sign!

This  looks like a better option than Domaine Anna, which is a much bigger place!! And good music n Musicians is always gr8 fun :D
Count me in!! me plus maybe 2. will confirm on the plus 2 soon.
:)

Closed